Banking Paralegal - B1
Allen & Overy
Allen & Overy is a leading international legal practice with a truly global presence. The firm operates at the forefront of the legal industry. Our deals and cases often make headline business news. With many of our partners acknowledged as leaders in their field, and with all our people demonstrating the highest levels of professionalism, we have a reputation for delivering excellence in all that we do.
We have developed a culture in which difference is positively valued, and our people are free to be themselves. We are in every sense one global team; supportive and collaborative, but also ambitious and driven. Our capacity to combine these qualities and provide a setting in which our people can thrive is what makes us different.
An opportunity has arisen for a Paralegal to join the Banking department on a full time, 6 month contract. The role will consist of providing support services to fee earners on client related matters.
Excellent communication, professionalism and interpersonal skills are essential. The successful candidate will be proactive and have a high level of initiative. In addition, the candidate must have a sound working knowledge of Excel and Word, and have some prior experience of working as a paralegal.
Role and responsibilities
- Managing the bibling process, including maintaining the bible room.
- Responsible for condition precedent satisfaction exercises for the department.
- Drafting standard and more complex documents.
- Assisting with the day-to-day management of transactions.
- Preparing corporate documents.
- Extracting, transcribing and analysing information.
- Answering client queries directly.
- Ability to handle multi-tasks at any one time and to prioritise between tasks
- Organised and methodical approach to work
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work hard within a fast paced environment and meet deadlines
- Positive attitude and style with clients and fee earners
- Pro-active approach and ability to demonstrate initiative
Who we are looking for
- 2:1 law degree or equivalent
- LPC preferred
- Prior paralegal experience
- Must be a team player