Real Estate Senior Associate
Purpose of job:
To provide advice on mid-market capital transactional, mid to high value and complex asset management work.
What’s in it for you?
Our market-leading Real Estate practice combines key sector knowledge, unparalleled technical ability and a commercial focus, which ensures clients receive the best possible support and guidance. We are consistently ranked number one by the legal directories across all of real estate disciplines with lawyers that are recognised as experts in their fields.
The new Southampton hub will offer a complementary service to the London and Manchester offices, strengthening Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner’s real estate sector capability. In particular, Southampton will focus on mid-market capital transactional, complex real estate asset management and due diligence work. There will be strong collaboration with teams in London and Manchester. Southampton will efficiently service real estate sector clients on matters resourced seamlessly between our three UK offices, drawing on different practices and skills across London, Manchester and Southampton.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Associate to help develop and grow our new hub in Southampton. Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner are at the forefront of providing legal services in a new way. Through a mixture of new technology and innovative working methods, we are able to offer our clients an efficient, cost effective and tailored service. You will have the opportunity to work on complex and high value transactions in a flexible and fast-paced environment.
- Acting as the lead associate on mid-market capital transactional work as well as a broad portfolio of complex and high value assessment work
- Draft and negotiate documents to ensure they meet client requirements, including delegating aspects of the work to junior members of the team, reviewing and supervising that work
- Provide advice to clients to ensure that their interests are protected and that all relevant laws and regulations are adhered to at all times
- Provide support to the London client teams in relation to aspects of complex asset management projects
- Develop key client relationships, both with external client contacts and internal Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner stakeholders, including the Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner London client teams
Partners and fee earners in the Southampton hub as well as the wider Real Estate team in London and Manchester.
Experience and knowledge
- Solid transactional real estate experience, working independently in a fast-paced environment
- Candidates will have approximately 5 years’ post qualification experience
Skills and competencies
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Analytical and drafting skills
- Flexibility and adaptability, supporting cases across a broad range of legal issues
- Commercial focus with a knowledge of key areas of the law and able to provide clear, concise, practical advice
- A high level of client contact and responsibility for client matters
- The ability to project manage client matters, coordinating other fee earners as required
- Delegation and supervisory skills where appropriate
- Clear and concise communication skills
- The ability to work independently but also keen to work in a challenging, team-based environment
- A willingness and ability to support business development activity, creating and maintaining strong client relationships and identifying new business opportunities
Diversity, inclusion and working differently
Diversity and inclusion is at the heart of Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner. We are wholly committed to creating an inclusive and inspirational culture where all our employees are valued, motivated and able to make the most of their skills qualities and points of difference and, most importantly, be themselves.
We believe that our goals of always exceeding client expectations and being the most attractive place to work will only be achieved if we recruit, retain, reward and develop our people with regard to their abilities and contributions and without reference to their background, gender, gender identity, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.
Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner is a firm with an increasingly flexible workforce. We are supportive of a range of working arrangements, tailored to you as an individual, wherever possible.
Please ask the Resourcing Team about the flexible working arrangements that are available to you within this role.
Please note that our PQE levels as stated in our job descriptions are a guide only and all suitable candidates will be considered.
Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner ensure that all hardcopy and electronic materials containing confidential information are securely stored and accessible only to those authorised to view such content.
As a regulated firm of solicitors, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner is required to undertake appropriate vetting of staff. In addition to completion, by applicants who accept a job offer, of a regulatory questionnaire, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner uses a specialist provider to undertake professional verification and background checks (including through electronic data sources, and directly with employers and professional bodies/regulators) on our behalf. We will also undertake certain verifications ourselves.
Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner adopts a risk-based approach to its vetting procedures, which are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with IT, legal and regulatory obligations. For further details, please see our recruitment website: https://jobs.blplaw.com/.