Purpose of job
The role is responsible for supporting the team in producing the statutory accounts and monthly financial reporting for the firm. As well as the preparation of appropriate financial accounting records and the operation of financial controls.
What’s in it for you?
BLP is a highly regarded international law firm and is committed to making sure its people have the most up to date skills and knowledge.
This is an interesting opportunity for an individual to help shape the direction of the team, and streamline processes.
You will work closely with other teams within the Finance and Accounting team to ensure delivery of best practice and you will keep up to date with changing accounting regulations and advise accordingly.
Responsibilities will include:
• Assist in the preparation of the annual consolidated LLP statutory accounts and its subsidiaries, including liaising with the auditors and dealing with audit queries.
• Completion of month end and year end processes to ensure timetables are met, including the preparation and posting of all payroll related financial data.
• Ensuring that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and any differences are dealt with accordingly. Including intercompany reconciliations.
• Working with local offices to gain a clear understanding of all local indirect tax requirements
• Responsibility for the PSA application, preparation and submission
• Involvement in gender pay gap reporting.
• Produce and review monthly management reports provided to the assigned budget holders.
• Completion of NSO Surveys.
• Monitor and review Intercompany balances/relationship and gain a comprehensive understanding of the relationships between entities and rectifying any issues.
• The preparation of appropriate intercompany documentation and analysis in support of charges between entities that are required for local reporting, fiscal or transfer pricing requirements.
• Project support as needed during the ongoing internal review of intercompany processes as demanded by current BEPS legislation to ensure Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner is following best practice
• To provide support to team members and deal with ad-hoc request.
• Engaging with the wider F&A Team, building relationships with key members of the F&A Planning and Analysis team
• Working with other Business Services departments, including HR and IT
• Working with third party providers
Experience and knowledge
• Part-Qualified from a recognised accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA).
• University degree or previous relevant experience.
Skills and competencies
• Ability to use Excel at an intermediate level and a willingness to develop wider systems skills including financial systems (Elite, NGA ResourceLink, QlikView)
• Accounting experience including preparation of prepayments and accruals, preparation and posting of journals, reviewing general ledgers.
• Must be organised, thorough and accurate demonstrating a high degree of professionalism and accuracy in work at all times.
• Self-motivated with the ability to adapt to demands and to work effectively as part of a team.
• Ability to plan, prioritise and schedule tasks to accommodate ad hoc requests alongside routine daily activities.
• Must have excellent written and communication skills, with the confidence to communicate to partners or senior members of business services.
• Flexible and capable of working to tight deadlines. Occasional need to work outside of core working hours.
• Trustworthy with the ability to deal with confidential information.
Diversity, inclusion and working differently
Diversity and inclusion is at the heart of Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner. We are wholly committed to creating an inclusive and inspirational culture where all our employees are valued, motivated and able to make the most of their skills qualities and points of difference and, most importantly, be themselves.
We believe that our goals of always exceeding client expectations and being the most attractive place to work will only be achieved if we recruit, retain, reward and develop our people with regard to their abilities and contributions and without reference to their background, gender, gender identity, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, political belief or disability.
Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner is a firm with an increasingly flexible workforce. We are supportive of a range of working arrangements, tailored to you as an individual, wherever possible.
Please ask the Resourcing Team about the flexible working arrangements that are available to you within this role.
Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner ensures all hardcopy materials containing confidential information are securely stored and accessible only to those authorised to view such content.
Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner ensures all confidential information stored electronically is securely stored and accessible only to those authorised to view such content.
As a regulated firm of solicitors, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP (“Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner”) is required to undertake appropriate vetting of staff. In addition to completion, by applicants who accept a job offer, of a regulatory questionnaire, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner uses a specialist provider to undertake professional verification and background checks (including through electronic data sources and directly with employers and professional bodies/regulators) on our behalf. We will also undertake certain verifications ourselves.
Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner adopts a risk-based approach to its vetting procedures, which are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with IT, legal and regulatory obligations. For further details, please see our recruitment website: https://jobs.blplaw.com/.