SDG Paralegal (FTC 5 Months)
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Title: SDG Paralegal
Location: Based in Ashurst's London office, Broadwalk House
Monday to Friday, 09:30 - 17:30
This role will give you the opportunity to be involved in a high-profile and fast-moving client project at the cutting edge of legal technology.
You will be working with other paralegals and associates within the Securities and Derivatives Group (SDG) across multiple offices and will be reporting directly to one of the Senior Associates in London. Aside from the main project work, there may be the opportunity for the role to expand to cover other areas of the SDG practice.
You will be required to assist with the following:
- Update and maintenance of tracking systems and catalogues for the project
- Using a project-management tool (JIRA) to report on progress and provide status updates
- Using a web-based tool to enter text modules and apply formatting rules
- Refinement of existing procedures and creation of procedures memorandums for other internal team members to follow
- Liaison and coordination with other Ashurst offices and translation providers
- Researching legal issues
- Organising know-how
There will be opportunities, over time, for the role to expand to include the following:
- Drafting of trade documentation for structured products and derivatives
- Assisting on programme updates of base prospectuses and other offering documentation
- Assisting on supplements and liaising with EEA competent authorities
- Liaising with clients (both business and legal teams) on transactions
- Assisting on a broad range of structured finance transactions
Essential skills and experience:
- Excellent organisational/project management skills
- Collegiate, positive and willing-to-learn attitude to work, happy to assist and be involved in a variety of transactions when additional support is required
- Attention to detail and thoroughness are essential
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Confident and professional manner
- Able to build and develop rapport with clients; good client relationship skills
- Ability to manage own workload.