Banking Paralegal - FS Regulatory / Funds (6 month FTC)
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries all over the world. We’re built on the work of talented and motivated people, in a supportive and collaborative environment, dedicated to delivering an exceptional standard of work for our clients. We operate at the forefront of the legal industry, and our deals and cases often make headline business news. With many of our partners acknowledged as leaders in their field, and with all our people demonstrating the highest levels of professionalism, we have a reputation for delivering excellence in all that we do.
We’re thoughtful and inventive, and we’ve developed a culture of in which difference and openness is positively valued, where people are free to be themselves. We’re one global team, supportive and collaborative but also ambitious and driven. Our capacity to combine these qualities and provide a setting in which our people can thrive is what makes us different.
Our Financial Services Regulatory team has over 80 lawyers across our office network, covering all of the world's principal financial markets. We are able to offer our clients expertise in the key regions, from our U.S. regulatory practice led from our New York and Washington D.C. to a full-service coverage of the key European jurisdictions. We also have well established offices in the Middle East and Asia Pacific region that have been involved in setting up many of the regulatory systems that exist in those regions today.
Our lawyers offer clients extensive regulatory experience and they lead thinking on regulatory developments, helping clients in lobbying on, planning for and implementing changes as they occur. Areas we advise on include bank securities and derivatives regulation, capital and liquidity requirements, marketing and selling restrictions, clearing and settlement, custody and prime brokerage, payment services, e-money and FinTech, and recovery and resolution planning. As an international team we are very experienced in providing international comparative advice on regulatory matters that helps our clients decide where best to conduct their business and gives them a competitive advantage.
An opportunity has arisen for a Paralegal to join the Regulatory, Funds, and Financial Products team within the Banking Department in London on a full time, 6 month contract. The role will consist of providing support services to fee earners and senior PSLs.
Role and responsibilities
• Know-how profiling
• Managing the bibling process, including maintaining the bible room
• Drafting standard and more complex documents
• Assisting with the day-to-day management of transactions
• Proofreading documents and client bulletins
• Extracting, transcribing and analysing information
• Posting updates on the department blog/ wiki and intranet pages
• Assisting in the production and distribution of client bulletins
• Answering client queries directly
• General administrative duties
• 2:1 law degree or equivalent
• LPC or relevant work experience preferred
• Prior office work experience
• Must be a team player
• Ability to multi-task and prioritise
• Organised and methodical approach to work
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to work hard within a fast paced environment and meet deadlines
• Positive attitude and style with clients and fee earners
• Proactive approach and ability to demonstrate initiative
• Excellent communication, professionalism and interpersonal skills
Who we are looking for
Excellent communication, professionalism and interpersonal skills are essential. The successful candidate will be proactive and have a high level of initiative. In addition, the candidate must have a sound working knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.