To provide first class administrative support within the Real Estate department. This is a busy and varied role and so flexibility and strong organisational skills are essential.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Scheduling documents
- Sending deeds to storage and to the clients
- Conducting general research on transactional documents
- Sending documents requested by clients & other parties (via email & royal mail) to other parties and arranging courier service
- Preparing spreadsheet reports for clients
- Telephone winding up search
- Land Registry searches and downloading documents
- Drafting Land Registry applications
- Drafting Companies House applications
- Reply to various requisitions raised by Land Registry
- Liaising with other parties in respect of issues raised during applications to the Land Registry and pursuant to requisitions
- Drafting documentation based on template documents (corporate & security)
- Drafting lease reviews and occasionally assisting other fee earners in requesting documents from other parties for purpose of preparing Report on Title
- Overseeing circulation of documents as per Conditions Precedent (CP) list and updating CP list on various transactions
- Investigating various account issues (clearing the account) on Elite
- Redemption of mortgage funds on various transactions – requesting redemption statement, exchange of emails, calculating interest, sending TT forms
- Good knowledge of Microsoft and other commonly used software.
- Effective and professional telephone manner.
- Ability to work either on own initiative or part of team.
- Able to anticipate problems and develop solutions.
- Experience in a demanding, high performing professional services environment.
- Good organisational skills and time-management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure remaining calm and focussed.
- Ability to develop self and others and be learning oriented, wanting to learn and seek improvement.
- Accountable and professional.
- Constant enthusiastic, can-do and positive approach to tasks and situations as well as requests for action outside normal scope of duties.
- Ability to take personal responsibility, ownership and behave responsibly.
- Friendly, co-operative and approachable at all times.
- A good communicator with individuals of all levels.
- Listens carefully and questions to make sure you have all the information you need to take action.
- A resilient character with a positive attitude.
- Ability to be flexible and self-motivated.
- Displays discretion when dealing with sensitive information.
- A strong team player.
- Professionally presented.