Business Continuity Analyst
Reporting to the Head of Business Continuity and Resilience, the Business Continuity Analyst will provide support in the development and maintenance of an effective international Business Continuity & Resilience Framework and to assist the Business Continuity & Resilience Senior Manager to establish robust business continuity plans and procedures across the firm.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Assisting the Business Continuity & Resilience Senior Manager in the development of an effective international business continuity framework and plans to ensure a cohesive and efficient process is in place for the recovery and continuity of the firm's critical services
- Deputising as necessary for the Business Continuity & Resilience Senior Manager in the event of a business interruption and cover the responsibilities that the Senior Manager has in such business interruptions
- Organising the periodic series of Risk Assessments and Business Impact Analysis meetings to confirm the adequacy of the current plans, processes and recovery strategies
- Producing action lists from such meetings and ensure such agreed actions are carried through and implemented
- Providing ongoing assistance and administration in order to help the firm obtain and maintain ISO22301 certifications
- Maintaining the Business Continuity Risk Register which will contain an appendix of all invocations of plans, actions taken with lessons learned, and assist with quarterly reviews following through on agreed actions
- Assisting the Business Continuity and Resilience Senior Manager with devising appropriate controls for the risks identified, involving matter experts as required
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree level (or equivalent) qualification (desirable) with experience in a business continuity environment
- Hold a Business Continuity Qualification eg CBCI (desirable)
- Good knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of the Business Continuity Institute's Good Practice Guidelines and / or the International Standards ISO22301, ISO22313, ISO27001 or similar standards
- Experience of building successful working relationships
- Experience of providing information to various levels of management
- Ability to engage effectively with employees, partners and other stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Discretion, diplomacy and confidentiality maintained at all times
- Ability to remain calm and composed during demanding situations
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.