Senior Tax Manager
Norton Rose Fulbright are seeking a Tax Senior Manager to lead on UK Partner Tax and Partner Matters for the in-house Partner Affairs and Tax team. This is an opportunity to be part of a growing team of tax and accounting professionals. The team works across the Europe, Middle East and Asia region (“EMEA”) and is responsible for providing tax advisory and compliance services to the firm and assisting across all Partner tax and financial matters.
The Partner Affairs and Tax team are part of the Finance team which has a vision to enable Norton Rose Fulbright to fulfil its business strategy and its mission of excellent client service. Finance provides services and information that enable management control of the business, including day to day decision support and effective custody of the Firm’s resources. Finance works proactively with the business to develop and deliver business strategies as a key business advisor adding value beyond the provision of information.
The role reports to the Head of Partner Affairs and Tax and will involve interfacing with Partners, Business Support Directors, local/regional accountants and external advisors. The UK self-assessment tax returns for the firm’s partners are prepared in-house and this role has responsibility for ensuring delivery of those returns as well providing support to partners on tax and other important financial matters. This will include oversight of capital contributions made by partners.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead on Partner Tax and Partner Matters with managerial responsibility for one Assistant Tax Manager and a Capital Assistant with matrix responsibility for a Tax Manger
- Review and delivery of:
- UK Partner Tax Returns (c200)
- Partner tax provisioning
- Composite tax returns
- Partner tax payments
- New joiner and leaver processes to include Partner briefings
- Cash flow forecasting
- Oversight and review of Partner Capital contributions cycle
- Lead on advisory and project work
- Improving existing processes and establishing robust procedures
- Real time working with HMRC
- Tax risk and governance – identification and management of tax risks e.g. employment duty
- Close working with members of the team responsible for Partnership Tax and Partner Accounting to include reconciliation of Partner tax reserves
- Management, coaching and development of team members
- Support on partner mobility issues e.g. assessment of residency status under Statutory Residence Test
- Technical support on Employment Duty matters such as PSA and STBV
Skills and Experience Required
- ACA/ACCA/CTA (or overseas equivalent) qualified
- Technical and practical expertise around UK Partnerships gained from working in a professional services environment
- Proven experience in project management and delivery – comfortable with change and complexity and with a strong focus on process improvement
- Leadership skills
- Ability to communicate tax technical matters clearly and concisely to senior stakeholders
- An enthusiastic team player who would support a culture of continuous improvement
- Self-review, discipline and intellectual curiosity
- High and focused energy levels
Skills and Experience Desirable
- Practical experience of employment duties
- International tax experience
- Strong experience/understanding in the use of Excel- INDEX MATCH, Pivot tables etc.
- Accounting experience
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome receiving direct candidate applications via our careers page.
If you would like to ask any specific questions beforehand, please contact Kirran Gill at email@example.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE