Junior Associate (Derivatives and Structured Finance)
The Derivatives and Structured Finance team at Norton Rose Fulbright enjoys a leading reputation driven by strong relationships with clients, excellent client service and expertise in structuring highly complex transactions. Our clients include a wide range of investment banks, commercial banks and non-bank financial institutions, as well as end-users. We act on a wide range of matters covering the full range of derivatives and structured finance products, alongside our complementary securitisation and capital markets practices.
We are currently seeking to expand our team with the hire of a Junior Associate. The individual will assist on a variety of derivatives and structured finance matters including complex OTC derivatives transactions; derivatives clearing; hedging (with a particular focus on project financings and securitisations); repos and securities lending; repackagings and structured finance transactions, from term sheet stage, through to closing and post-closing.
Skills and Experience Required
The ideal candidate will have:
- Qualified as a solicitor in England & Wales (although candidates with experience in certain other jurisdictions will also be considered)
- Trained at a top tier UK or US firm
- Gained up to 2 years PQE
- A strong academic record
- A keen eye for detail
- A “can do” attitude, with a willingness to learn and accept new challenges
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- A flexible approach to work and be open to working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Have client facing experience as opportunities arise for associates to spend time on secondment to key clients
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome receiving direct candidate applications via our careers page.
If you would like to ask any specific questions beforehand, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (enquiries only please - we do not accept applications by email)
NO AGENCIES PLEASE – we will not accept speculative CV’s, or any associated terms, sent to the business unless otherwise requested.