Senior Paralegal - Transaction Services Team - Leeds
Join our well-established, high performing and busy Transaction Services Team (TST) as a Senior Paralegal to help us deliver a world class service to our clients. For the right person, this role provides an exciting opportunity to work with a team of committed professionals and contribute to our proven success.
Our team focuses on tasks that are found in a wide variety of legal assignments but which do not necessarily need to be done by qualified lawyers. In this role, we are ideally looking for someone with banking or finance transaction experience. As a Senior Paralegal in the TST, you may be asked to complete tasks such as drafting company search reports, drafting transaction documents, helping to run the conditions precedent process form both lender and borrower side, Companies House registrations and dealing with post completion on transactions, amongst others.
We are supported by the use of technology and this plays a key role in enabling Addleshaw Goddard to respond to client demand for more innovative and better value services. Launched in 2010, we are now one of our biggest divisions with over 140 employees, made up of solicitor apprentices, paralegals and solicitors. We were the first team of its kind in the UK, and continue to innovate by delivering work in the most efficient way, saving our clients time and money. We have a strong team culture, with opportunities to join our TST social committee, charity initiatives and sports teams.
If you join the TST, aside from a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, you'll get fantastic opportunities to support some of the UK's largest FTSE100 clients and go on exciting internal or client secondments. We believe in continuous development and progression.
We believe in it so strongly that we created a career framework and training programme specifically for the TST. As part of that framework you'll have a progress review every 3 months to ensure we're supporting you to meet your development goals and to discuss your progression. In addition, you'll have access to our internal training contract application process, CILEx sponsorship and management or technical development programmes.
The role of a TST Senior Paralegal is varied. You will primarily work to help the finance and projects division, but will also work in close connection with the wider TST, assisting on other tasks or projects as needed.
The type of tasks that you'd be assisting on could include the following:
- Drafting and reviewing transactional documentation, such as corporate authorisations and standard form security documents
- Drafting a variety of Companies House forms
- Running the conditions precedent process on a variety of banking transactions
- Assisting on the completion of transactions including physical completion meetings
- Assisting with post completion on banking transactions, including Companies House registrations, bibling and organisation of original documents
- Assisting with projects from the wider team as necessary which may include contract reviews, e-disclosure or document management
What we are looking for
Due to the dynamic nature of the work we do and the clients we seek to serve, the role is not an ordinary 9-5 job. We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic, who takes real pride in their work and who is comfortable working in a fast paced environment. You will have:
- A high level of attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating an ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels A positive, enthusiastic, and proactive approach to their work
- Effective personal organisational and time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple demands
- The ability to work to tight timescales with a sense of urgency
- Common sense, commerciality and the ability to exercise sound judgement
- A strong desire to develop and succeed
- An NVQ Apprenticeship Level 3 or a Degree level qualification is desirable
- Previous paralegal experience or similar legal work experience is essential