Procurement Paralegal - Leeds
The Procurement team within AG is centrally positioned to support all of the firms procurement needs and currently manages all spend across the firm, covering a wide range of goods and services.
The role of Paralegal is a critical role to ensure all procurement activity within the team has appropriate contractual terms, liaising with our wider internal legal network to ensure contractual arrangements are fully optimised.
The role of paralegal will report directly to the Head of Procurement and will have an opportunity to support and deliver changes to our current operating model, to ensure focus on value add services to the business and utilisation of legal support to our contract arrangements of greatest value and risk.
Procurement Paralegal has responsibility for working with the firm to review, draft and negotiate a wide range of commercial supplier agreements from initiation to execution.
Key responsibilities of this role include:-
- Contracts / Supplier Management
- Management of new contracts and the renewal of existing contracts to execution / conclusion.
- Drafting of new contracts using the departmental precedent bank.
- Negotiation of contractual terms with suppliers.
- Reviewing and negotiating supplier's own terms and conditions to ensure they meet AG's requirements. · Amendment of existing supplier agreements to meet changing requirements.
- Providing commercial insight to supplier agreements.
- Provision of commercial guidance and advice to internal stakeholders on contractual matters.
- Accurate recording of contract details within firms prescribed contracts database.
- Acts as ambassador for the team within the wider Firm by building effective relationships internally.
- Demonstrates a proactive approach, and persistence and resilience in relationship building.
- Maintains effective relationships with suppliers, leading commercial and contractual negotiations.
- Able to tailor communications style to the needs of the audience.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with internal clients and external 3rd party suppliers alongside promoting good practice.
- Ability to articulate commercial implications of negotiated contractual terms to various audiences, including senior stakeholders.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
Any successful applicant will need the following skills:
· Knowledge of contractual terms and conditions
· Ability to challenge assumptions and practices
· Excellent communications and influencing skills
· Strong customer service skills.
· Commercially minded with ability to demonstrate commercial acumen in the course of their duties
· Proven team player with good organisational skills.
· High standard of accuracy and attention to detail
· Able to work on own initiative to tight deadlines and co-ordinate competing activities whilst maintaining a calm and professional manner at all times.
· Confidence to delegate and negotiate work deadlines.
· Dynamic, and possessing a positive attitude to change.
· Resilient and relishes a challenge.
· IT literate with a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
Experience in the following:
· Excellent academic achievement and/or with a minimum of two years' experience within a commercial environment; · Experience of drafting and negotiating commercial contracts and providing advice and guidance on contractual matters is desirable
· Legal qualification an advantage
· Experience of working within the Professional Services sector an advantage
· Experience of working in a fast-paced environment