Real Estate Managing Associate - London
We stand out for being consistently excellent in advice: we not only provide technical excellence and experience but crucially, we also demonstrate real insight into our clients and what really matters to them. Our knowledge of our chosen sectors and markets, and our investment in our client relationships set us apart. We are a natural choice for FTSE100 and other "bold and beautiful" clients.
The Real Estate Division is one of Addleshaw Goddard’s largest. Within the London office, the mainstream Real Estate team currently comprises seven partners and over 15 other fee earners. We place a high emphasis on our transactional expertise and are able to bring a commercial and business-oriented approach to a wide range of contentious and non-contentious property matters. Our Real Estate teams have advised on many high profile office, retail, leisure, development and regeneration schemes throughout the UK. We have also worked alongside clients on high volume portfolio transactions. A key strength is our ability to provide all the relevant skills (mainstream real estate, corporate, structuring, tax, planning, construction, environment, property litigation) in one team.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Associate to join our Real Estate Team in London. You will manage your own workload as well as supporting partners on large and complex matters, handling a spread of commercial property work as and when needed by clients. You will also help AG develop and build relationships with new and existing clients.
The team undertake a range of commercial property work including landlord and tenant, property management, sales and purchases, and working as a member of a couple of the firms principal client account teams. At this stage in your career you are likely to have developed a specialism in a particular area of commercial property and we will encourage you to develop that further. You will also maintain some broader work to provide variety to your work and flexibility for the team.
As a senior associate, you will play a key part in shaping and driving the development of the team and there will be plenty of opportunity for you to take on additional responsibility and advance your career.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- Excellent knowledge of commercial property and related law
- Experience of taking responsibility for running some aspects of property transactions
- A proven record of a high standard of client care for existing clients
- The ability to fit quickly into a team-based environment
- Experience of delegating to, and working with, trainees and junior associates.
The successful candidate will have:
- excellent academic achievement with a minimum 2:1 degree
- At least 5 years of post qualification experience gained within a comparable environment and at an appropriate level
- Clear understanding and working experience of the operation and structure of a leading law firm and the needs of the clients of a top flight team
Addleshaw Goddard is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from diverse backgrounds and communities