IT Test Analyst - Manchester
Purpose of the Role
The IT Test Analyst is responsible for the testing of the strategic IT Projects and business as usual activities (BAU) with the purpose of reducing the risk and ensuring the delivery of high quality products. This includes defining the test approach to ensure the appropriate test coverage throughout the whole test lifecycle. Occasional travel to the other UK offices may be required as part of this role.
· Responsible for recommending the appropriate test approach and test phases for a project.
· The creation of Test Plans and Test Specifications based on analysis of the Requirements or Risk
· Contribute to the raising of product and project risks to key stakeholders and providing traceability of those risks through testing lifecycle.
· Responsible for the functional testing for key strategic IT projects and Business as Usual (BAU) activities including operational and infrastructure changes.
· Responsible for raising and managing defects using the defect management tool
· Provide UAT support to areas of the business
· Carry out Non-functional testing i.e. Performance Testing and benchmarking where required.
· Produce reports and KPI's on test progress for key stakeholders.
· Continuous improvement and raising the profile of the Test Team within IT and the business.
Knowledge, skills and experience required (bespoke to role)
· Minimum ISTQB Foundation Level certified
· Proven experience of working in an IT Test Team
· Thorough understanding of the Fundamental Test Process and testing methodologies including V Model and agile.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable working relationships to be developed at all levels.
· Experience of working on IT technical testing projects, ideally infrastructure and networking projects.
· Experience within Wintel and Microsoft stacks including Windows 7/Windows Server 2012, Active Directory, Windows Registry, Exchange, SQL, and SharePoint.
· Keen attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure.
· Customer focused with a passion and drive to deliver customer satisfaction and value to the business.
· Experience of Test Tools including Testing Management and Defect Management tools. Automation experience desirable but not essential.