Junior Information Security Analyst
Are you looking to be part of a progressive and innovative team to supporting our information security management system?
About the role
Reporting to the Information Security Manager, you will help to support a robust programme of information security assurance activity ensuring that issues are identified, reported, addressed/escalated or accepted as appropriate. The role will involve some travel to other CMS sites, sometimes with short notice periods.
You will be a key part of the team with a range of responsibilities, these will include:
- Conducting analysis on security logs.
- Initiating escalation procedures to counteract potential threats.
- Researching and reporting on the latest information technology security trends.
- Assisting in the resolution of hardware and software related security vulnerabilities.
- Maintaining compliance in line with relevant security standards such as ISO 27001, NIST Cyber Security Framework and regulation such as the GDPR.
- Assisting with the creation, update, and maintenance of security program documentation.
- Completing regular asset audits to ensure accuracy of records and to identify data flows and repositories.
- Promoting information security awareness across the business and delivering educational sessions.
- Recommending, developing and delivering opportunities to improve team processes for enhanced client delivery.
- Supporting the business in the tracking and resolution of security issues.
Ideal candidates will be educated to degree level from a legal or professional services background. You should have experience in information security from an IT Support or operational background and have have a CompTIA Security+ certification.
Knowledge of SIEM and experience of working to an ISO27001 aligned framework is preferred as well as understanding of ITIL and the desire to build own information security knowledge.
This role will be ideal for someone who is a self-motivated individual with flexible approach to working. You will have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to converse with both technical and non-technical business stakeholders at all levels.
CMS is an international law firm with market leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond.
Ranked as the world’s 6th largest law firm by lawyer headcount and 6th largest in the UK by revenue, CMS works with clients in 42 countries from 74 offices worldwide.
A future facing law firm CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. And we recruit, value and nurture top talent.
CMS is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment, to not only adhere to current employment law, but to harness the full potential of our staff and ensure that all individuals are treated fairly and with respect. To meet this aim CMS endeavours to treat all staff and job applicants equally, on the basis of merit and the ability to do their job. Everybody will be treated equally regardless of race, colour, age, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital or civil partner status, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or maternity status (“Protected Characteristics”).
For further information about CMS’ diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here to view the diversity pages on our website.
How to apply
If you are interested please apply online. If you have any queries, please contact Tahira Choudhry, Recruitment Advisor.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.