Learning & Development Advisor
Are you looking for a role in supporting the strategic vision of CMS by ensuring that people have access to exceptional training and skills development?
About the role
The L&D team supports all employees, liaising internally with our HR and learning partners, professional support lawyers and others to ensure development & training needs are met. We also have strong relationships with our external consultants who we partner with to design and deliver our training programmes.
Reporting to the Head of L&D, the role will be responsible for, but not limited to;
- Supporting awareness-raising of the L&D curriculum alongside the new people strategy
- Liaising with HR and learning partners for agreed practice groups to ensure all learning needs are met
- Observing, reviewing and appraising training delivery by external consultants
- Overseeing and managing the delivery of various programmes to our people
- Updating records & information on our performance management system and learning management system
- Supporting the firm-wide Mentoring Programme
- Ensuring that all L&D content on the intranet, brochures, webpages and content across the firm is up to date and consistent
- Producing management information for agreed programmes and practice groups
- Supporting on L&D-related projects and initiatives from time to time
- Assisting with the tracking of the L&D budget
Ideal candidates will be passionate about the learning and development of all people within the business. This role will be suited to someone who has good knowledge of learning styles, course design and learning methodologies and is able to build strong relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally. In addition to being a team player with strong collaboration & facilitation skills, we are looking for someone who is well organised, has excellent project management skills and a high level of attention to detail.
CMS is an international law firm with market leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond.
Ranked as the world’s 6th largest law firm by lawyer headcount and 6th largest in the UK by revenue, CMS works with clients in 42 countries from 74 offices worldwide.
A future facing law firm CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. And we recruit, value and nurture top talent.
CMS is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment, to not only adhere to current employment law, but to harness the full potential of our staff and ensure that all individuals are treated fairly and with respect. To meet this aim CMS endeavours to treat all staff and job applicants equally, on the basis of merit and the ability to do their job. Everybody will be treated equally regardless of race, colour, age, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital or civil partner status, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or maternity status (“Protected Characteristics”).
For further information about CMS’ diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here to view the diversity pages on our website.
How to apply
If you are interested please apply online. If you have any queries, please contact Tahira Choudhry, Recruitment Advisor.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.