Are you looking for a new opportunity within a law firm that is significantly growing in size and global reach? Would you like join this new distinctive modern city powerhouse and be part of paving a fresh way of providing secretarial support?
About the role
We have an opportunity for a Junior Secretary to join us providing a high-quality and efficient team secretarial service to fee-earners across 2 Practice Groups as required with support from more experienced secretarial colleagues. Reporting directly to the Secretarial Services Manager, your focus will be on efficiently managing your own workload and being proactive with the ability to work on your own initiative.
Other tasks include, but are not limited to;
- Dealing with all aspects of finance/billing administration and matter administration
- Managing workflow to the Document & Design Centre, Print Room etc as required; proactively taking steps to ensure work is returned within required timescales
- Amending and formatting agreements/documents as required
- Copy-typing and digital dictation as required
- Collating all indexing on legal documentation and setting up files as necessary
- Processing fee-earner expenses on Chrome River in a timely manner
- Liaison with Business Development, Marketing, Events and Finance Teams with a view to supporting them on specific team-based tasks
- Establish positive and effective working relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Become adept at proof-reading and carrying out quality checks on all work produced
- Take responsibility for fee-earners diary management as required
- Printing, scanning and copying as required
- Provide cross Practice-Group support where necessary
You will have a standard grade or equivalent in Administration, English and Maths. You will be adaptable to change whilst maintaining a professional approach, demonstrating high levels of client care, organisational and time management skills.
You would have gained previous experience within another law firm or other professional services environment demonstrating a proactive and enthusiastic approach with high levels of IT literacy, superb attention to detail and Well-developed administrative skills with the ability to multi-task under pressure.
CMS is an international law firm with market leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond.
Ranked as the world’s 6th largest law firm by lawyer headcount and 6th largest in the UK by revenue, CMS works with clients in 42 countries from 74 offices worldwide.
A future facing law firm CMS is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. And we recruit, value and nurture top talent.
CMS is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment, to not only adhere to current employment law, but to harness the full potential of our staff and ensure that all individuals are treated fairly and with respect. To meet this aim CMS endeavours to treat all staff and job applicants equally, on the basis of merit and the ability to do their job. Everybody will be treated equally regardless of race, colour, age, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital or civil partner status, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and pregnancy or maternity status (“Protected Characteristics”).
For further information about CMS’ diversity initiatives and programmes, please click here to view the diversity pages on our website.
How to apply
If you are interested please apply online or contact Tahira Choudhry, Recruitment Advisor, for more information.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.