Senior PA Resource Co-ordinator
Our London Litigation team is seeking a highly experienced Senior PA to act in a leadership role as a PA co-ordinator for PAs across the London Litigation team and to support the media and regulatory disputes team.
The role will involve actively managing client relationships and leading a cohesive PA team that is pro-active, organised and uses technology effectively.
Osborne Clarke is a leading International Legal Practice looking after a wide range of commercial clients such as Barclays, Facebook, Siemens and Vodafone. We are renowned for our unstuffy and supportive culture, encouraging all our people to make the most of their talent in a fast growing and exciting environment.
We are delighted that our focussed strategy and open culture has also resulted in the firm being joint winners of the Roll on Friday Firm of the Year for 2018.
In the fee earner support role, the role will include:
- Developing strong working relationships with our key clients and General Counsel PAs;
- Anticipating, mitigating and resolving potential client relationship issues or concerns;
- Developing strong working relationships with our staff to ensure open communication and effective problem solving at all times;
- Playing an active role in managing and taking responsibility for the billing process, working closely with the matter managers and our finance team. Update various matter-related financial spreadsheets on a regular basis. Track specific billing arrangements, liaise with our international offices and draft month-end summary emails;
- Assisting with the file opening/CDD process where necessary; set up new matters, draft engagement letters;
- Maintaining client extranet sites;
- Supporting business development initiatives;
- Tracking pitches and introductions/referrals;
- Diary management, including arranging international travel;
- Demonstrating excellent Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills, with the ability to amend and format large and complex documents;
- Drafting short correspondence and communications;
- Ensuring all administrative tasks are dealt with in a timely manner including filing, scanning, closing/archiving/arranging off-site storage of files and utilising administrative support as and when appropriate.
Resource Coordinating Responsibilities
This managerial role will involve overseeing a team of seven PAs, and will include:
- Assisting the Business Support Managers in the development and effectiveness of PA and administrative working practices and efficiencies;
- Building and developing effective working relationships with Litigation service lines leaders and Litigation teams based in the London office;
- Working closely with the Litigation practice management team to improve efficiencies, communications, management of work in progress and roll out of IT applications and improved working practices;
- Managing workflow, support and development of a team of PAs:
- Ensuring appropriate cover is in place for absences and managing absence issues
- Coordinating workflow
- Playing a key role with the management of large cases
- Identifying training needs
- Coaching and supervising
- Taking the lead on PA appraisals
- Providing assistance for team members during sickness/holidays as required.
The successful candidate will:
- Role model a ‘can-do’, positive work ethic; be decisive, responsible, and take ownership of issues that arise;
- Role model flexibility and openness to change; drive any change in working practices through the team;
- Challenge, question and provide creative solutions to improve processes and share best practice to ensure greater efficiency across Practice Groups and locations;
- Proactively identify opportunities, actively contribute and be involved with ad-hoc projects as given by the team (and across the firm); and
- Work closely with, and support, the PAs in the team, to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner.
The position requires a Senior PA with relevant experience, knowledge and ambition, who is able to use their own initiative, have first class organisational skills and be an integral team player. Flexibility, diversity and proactive positivity are key attributes.
- Essential to have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Essential to be organised and be able to prioritise work.
- Essential to have excellent time and performance management.
- Essential to be able to demonstrate some managerial and delegation skills.
- Essential to work confidentially, and with discretion and diplomacy.
- Ability to work under pressure with little supervision.
- Ability to remain calm and friendly even in a crisis.
- Ability to flexibly manage change.
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive to be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.