CRM Database Assistant (6 month FTC)
Osborne Clarke is recognised as one of the UK's most forward-thinking law firms. Our success is down to excellence in our approach to our clients, our people and our business.
With a growing international reach, particularly in Europe but also across Asia and the US, we look after a wide range of commercial clients such as Lloyds, HSBC, Facebook, and Vodafone as well as entrepreneurs and digital start-ups.
Our focussed strategy and positive working environment have been rewarded by many prestigious awards for career progression, management and culture, including being named Roll on Friday's 'Firm of the year' 2018.
What you'll do:
Reporting to the CRM Manager, you will assist with reviewing and improving data in our client relationship management tool, InterAction.
More specifically, this will involve on-going administration tasks, as well as one-off improvement/development projects.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Liaising - sometimes bv phone - with key contacts and clients of the firm to ensure data accuracy in-line with GDPR.
- Checking contact information against external databases (such as Companies House) and ensuring this is recorded accurately.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for a positive, driven individual with excellent communication skills. You will ideally be a graduate with previous experience in a data focussed role. Experience with InterAction would be advantageous, however is not essential.
- Previous experience working with Databases.
- Keen attention to detail crucial to role success.
- Experience of working in a professional services environment advantageous.
- Confident working knowledge of Excel.
- Good communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to manage own workload
- Clarifies incomplete/unclear instructions before acting.
- Creative problem solver
- Team player
To submit your application, please click on the link provided.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive to be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.