Commercial Paralegal - London
Join our well-established, high performing and busy Transaction Services Team (TST) as a Paralegal to help us deliver a world class service to our clients. For the right person, this role provides an exciting opportunity to work with a team of committed professionals and contribute to our proven success. Our team focuses on tasks that are found in a wide variety of legal assignments but which do not necessarily need to be done by qualified lawyers.
We are supported by the use of technology and play a key role in enabling Addleshaw Goddard to respond to client demand for more innovative and better value services. Launched in 2010, we are now one of our biggest divisions with over 140 employees, made up of solicitor apprentices, paralegals and solicitors. We were the first team of its kind in the UK, and continue to innovate by delivering work in the most efficient way, saving our clients time and money. We have a strong team culture, with opportunities to join our TST social committee, charity initiatives and sports teams.
If you join TST, aside from a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, you'll get fantastic opportunities to support some of the UK's largest FTSE100 clients and go on exciting internal or client secondments.
We believe in continuous development and progression. We believe in it so strongly that we created a career framework and training programme specifically for the TST. As part of that framework you'll have a review every 3 months to ensure we're supporting you to meet your development goals and to discuss your progression. In addition, you'll have access to our internal training contract application process, CILEx sponsorship and management or technical development programmes.
The work of a Paralegal in the TST is a varied one. All of our Paralegals are assigned to one of the Divisionally aligned subteams. Although part of the TST, the role of an embedded Commercial Paralegal would be based within the London Commercial team therefore you would be sitting and working with divisional associates as opposed to one of our central TST paralegal teams.
Although not sitting with the central paralegal team you would still benefit from the resources and opportunities open to the whole TST such as training, promotion and secondment opportunities in addition to regular performance reviews and objective setting.
The assignments you will be working on can include the following:
- Acting as a liaison between the divisional commercial team and the central TST to ensure that work is delegated and undertaken at the correct level
- Attending client meetings and cross-party conferences and proactively drive actions points arising from those meetings.
- Drafting and negotiating legal documentation and contracts
- Managing electronic data sites, uploading and ordering documentation, and liaising with third parties
- Providing transactional support on corporate, banking or real estate projects
- Checking legal documents for quality, consistency and content
- Providing support to our clients on-site
- Driving engagement between the commercial division and the central TST in addition to looking for additional opportunities to grow the work undertaken by the central TST
- Any additional tasks as required by the business
What we are looking for
Due to the dynamic nature of the work we do and the clients we seek to serve, the role is not an ordinary 9-5 job. We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic, who takes real pride in their work and who is comfortable working in a fast paced environment. You will have:
- A high level of attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating an ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels
- A positive, enthusiastic, and proactive approach to their work
- Effective personal organisational and time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple demands
- The ability to work to tight timescales with a sense of urgency
- Common sense, commerciality and the ability to exercise sound judgement
- A strong desire to develop and succeed
- An NVQ Apprenticeship Level 3 or a Degree level qualification is desirable
Previous commercial paralegal experience is of relevance, but not essential.