Banking Litigation NQ
We are looking for a Banking Litigation NQ to join our highly regarded team in Bristol.
About the role
Your focus will be banking and insolvency litigation and regulation whilst also building on strong general banking or corporate recovery and professional negligence experience.
The team advises banks on regulatory matters of strategic importance, resolving particularly sensitive disputes and a broad mix of complex and “business as usual” claims
The role will involve the following;
• Complex business recoveries for major high street lenders.
• Mis-selling claims.
• Fraud claims.
• All manner of banking operations related claims, including for example conversion, mistake, breach of mandate, constructive trust, defamation and negligent misstatement.
• Freezing orders and effecting recoveries of the proceeds of frauds.
• Resisting, through the higher courts, challenges to bank's standard forms, terms and conditions.
• Commercial and insolvency disputes.
• Claims in professional negligence against surveyors, solicitors, accountants and other professionals.
The successful candidate will hold the appropriate legal qualifications and may also demonstrate some post qualification experience in a banking litigation/insolvency team.
You will have an excellent professional track record within a comparable city or regional firm and have experience in handling high value clients in major blue chip companies.
Candidates should be comfortable advising on high value transactions with excellent analytical and drafting skills with the ability to translate legal theory into practical advice. Good interpersonal and consultancy skills are also vital to this role with the ability to work as part of a national and international team.
CMS is an international organisation with market leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond.
Ranked as the world’s 6th largest law firm by lawyer headcount and 6th largest in the UK by revenue, CMS works with clients in 39 countries from 70 office worldwide.
On 1 May 2017, CMS, Nabarro and Olswang came together to create a new future-facing firm, one that is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. And we recruit, value and nurture top talent.
We welcome and promote diversity among our staff and we are committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment practice.
If you are interested please apply online or contact Natalie Koenig, Recruitment Advisor, for more information.