Messaging Support Analyst (evenings) FTC
Allen & Overy
Allen & Overy is a leading international legal practice with a truly global presence. We are renowned for the high quality of our banking, corporate, international capital markets and litigation advice, and also have major strengths in areas such as employment and benefits, real estate and tax.
Our deals and cases often make headline business news and we work with a large number of the top corporates, financial institutions and governments. With many of our partners acknowledged as leaders in their fields, and with all our people demonstrating the highest levels of professionalism, we have a reputation for delivering excellence in all that we do.
The Global Service Management team is accountable for maintaining and upgrading current infrastructure and applications. This includes responsibility for waterfall delivery, as well as build and run activities for infrastructure and application projects, and is responsible for process improvement whilst ensuring service management is efficient and reliable.
The Messaging Support Analyst is accountable for supporting and maintaining the following areas:
- Messaging technologies including but not limited to, Microsoft Exchange, Blackberry Enterprise Server, Mimecast, MessageOne, Enterprise Vault, Mimesweeper, Lync and Microsoft Outlook.
The role involves:
- Providing 3rd line support and maintenance in the following areas:
- Microsoft Exchange Email Services including Microsoft Outlook
- Blackberry Enterprise Server
- Mimecast Messaging Services
- Clearswift Mimesweeper
- PGP Universal Server
- Symantec Enterprise Vault
- MessageOne BCP\DR services
- Microsoft Lync collaboration services
- Mailscape Monitoring
- Quest MessageStats Reporting
- MobileIron Mobile Device Management
- Providing 3rd line support for the timely resolution of incidents and problems.
- Executing regular maintenance and monitoring tasks.
- End-to-end ownership of incidents, ensuring accurate and timely updates are maintained through Assyst.
- Accountable for the management and maintenance of systems and services, by ensuring they are fit for purpose and available at all required times.
- This includes maintaining and optimising applications and infrastructure; and
- Bringing new releases into production.
- Being recognised as subject matter experts in the technologies supported by the team.
- Keeping within operational targets; for example ‘problem record’ targets; ‘age of incident’ targets; and ‘backup assurance’.
- Supporting the firm’s environmental goals and initiatives.
Architecture & Technology Planning
- Understand the relevant technology standards and roadmaps
Application and Infrastructure Support
- Works with the Team Leader to ensure effective, seamless support for end users to include:
- Support of applications and infrastructure;
- Ensure effective hand-offs between teams;
- Ensure effective, reliable and efficient end to end processes (internal and external) are in place;
- Embed continuous improvement and leading by example;
- Operate within Service and Operational Level Agreements and performance reporting; and
- Ensure customer satisfaction levels (for example, as reported in the Customer Satisfaction Survey) are maintained and reflect business requirements.
- Maintain appropriate documentation (including knowledge bases containing known issues /workarounds and support handbooks) for effective 3rd line support
- Diagnose all incidents/problems escalated to 3rd line support and identify root cause and actions required to maintain or improve service levels
- As necessary investigate high impact incidents/problems through involvement in SWATs
- Develop implementation plans for dealing with requests for change; evaluate risks to the integrity of the service inherent in proposed implementations; seek authority for those activities; and undertake review of effectiveness of change implementation.
- Define and deliver continuous improvement programmes, in conjunction with the Team Leader, so that, where applicable, systems deliver a improved performance to the business.
- Enhancements and improvements to services should be delivered by the appropriate governance authority (i.e. Plumbing Budget, SE Board or the Business Solutions 'funnel' used to capture all remaining activity); and
- Maintain a culture of continual improvement and problem solving.
Build and Implementation
- Provide specialist guidance information to the Support, Systems Testing and Quality Assurance functions
- Monitor effectiveness of installation and ensures that appropriate recommendations for change are made
- Ensure that documentation and training materials are created and are suitable
- Ensure the correct implementation of standards and procedures
- Strong organisational skills with a proven track record in a challenging support department.
- Commitment to rapidly resolve incidents using a logical and structured approach to problem solving.
- Ability to make sound decisions under pressure.
- Strong commitment to excellent customer service.
- Commercial acumen, including an understanding of the overall picture of IT service costs and how IT adds value to the business.
- An enthusiasm and passion for technology. The ability to promote technology within the firm, using business friendly language
- Personal credibility, highly self motivated, self-starter, who will undertake all activities to the highest professional standards
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written.
- Ability to operate within a wider team where there may be ambiguity and conflicting priorities.
- Ability to develop good working relationships across the breadth of the IT function and effectively share knowledge between individuals and teams to contribute to overall effectiveness of project and service improvement work.
- Experience of working in a global environment across international locations with an appreciation of multiple cultures.
- Technical expert within this discipline and excellent all-round technologist.
- Detailed practical knowledge of the operation and maintenance of IT infrastructure and services within a Microsoft technology environment.
- Expected to have a solid understanding of all technologies used by A&O and business working practices.
- 2/3 years Exchange 2010 experience minimum
- Email Gateway Exposure : E.G. Websense, clear swift Mailsweep, Mimecast etc
- Call management software : ServiceNow or others
- Outlook 2010
- Lync 2013 infrastructure
- PGP or other email encryption software
- Backup Technologies
- Hardware Load Balancer experience desirable
- MDM experience: MobileIron
***Please note the hours of work are Monday to Friday 2pm - 10.30pm***