Allen & Overy
Allen & Overy is a leading international legal practice with a truly global presence. The firm operates at the forefront of the legal industry. Our deals and cases often make headline business news. With many of our partners acknowledged as leaders in their field, and with all our people demonstrating the highest levels of professionalism, we have a reputation for delivering excellence in all that we do.
We have developed a culture in which difference is positively valued, and our people are free to be themselves. We are in every sense one global team; supportive and collaborative, but also ambitious and driven. Our capacity to combine these qualities and provide a setting in which our people can thrive is what makes us different.
Our co-ordinated business development, marketing and communication teams contribute to the setting and achievement of the firm’s business objectives, which includes improving our client relationships, increasing the visibility of the firm globally, and supporting our partners and associates in winning business and becoming our clients’ trusted advisers.
The PR executive is responsible for the planning and execution of the external communications strategy for Allen & Overy’s global International Capital Markets (ICM) practice (debt, capital markets, bonds, banking, derivatives and securitisation) and works closely with the Senior PR Manager, Banking, to develop the profile of the broader finance practices.
Role and responsibilities
– Work with ICM partners, business development, and Senior PR Manager to develop an external communications plan for the global ICM practice which supports our business objectives by enhancing the firm’s reputation around key capabilities
– Take primary responsibility for the execution of the strategy, identifying media and content development opportunities, preparing briefing notes, arranging and overseeing interviews, drafting press releases and managing social media
– Proactive media relations with key journalists at target media outlets including national news publications, news wires, legal and financial trade press
– Identify and proactively manage potential reputation risks
– Provide advice to colleagues across our network in 31 countries and work with other communications colleagues on the planning and execution of media relations and content-based campaigns
– Give support to and cover for other members of the PR team to ensure resilience and that a good level of support is provided to all our stakeholders at all times
– Assist in writing entries for industry awards and attending awards events
– Measure and report on the success of communications plan
– Excellent writing and communication skills
– Quick to understand new and complex issues, with a keen interest in finance and business
– A good understanding of social media in a business context
– A bright and intelligent graduate (or equivalent) with three to five years PR or journalism experience (not necessarily professional services)
– A confident and mature outlook, articulate, with the ability to engage and persuade people at all levels
– Professional appearance, conduct and manner
– Able to prioritise and use own initiative
– Good under pressure
– Passionate and collaborative
– Discrete and trusted to handle sensitive/confidential information