SSRS Reporting Analyst
Allen & Overy
Allen & Overy is a leading international legal practice with a truly global presence. We are renowned for the high quality of our banking, corporate, international capital markets and litigation advice, and also have major strengths in areas such as employment and benefits, real estate and tax.
Our deals and cases often make headline business news and we work with a large number of the top corporates, financial institutions and governments. With many of our partners acknowledged as leaders in their fields, and with all our people demonstrating the highest levels of professionalism, we have a reputation for delivering excellence in all that we do.
Department purpose and structure
- Deliver relevant information and a value for money service to the decision-makers of Allen & Overy.
- The SSRS Reporting Analyst role sits within Group Finance working in partnership with the other Group Finance teams.
As Allen & Overy expands its financial management information offering using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, this role covers maintaining the exiting report suite and is instrumental in the new report development cycle, from design to delivery. Beyond technical experience with the SSRS Report Builder product, we are looking for a candidate to model best practices and contribute to our team through formal and informal knowledge sharing.
Group Finance Developers; Finance Business Analysts and Technical Analysts; wider Group Finance team; Finance staff across the network; key individuals in other support functions.
Role and responsibilities
- Work with business users and subject matter experts to define technical report requirements.
- Translate business requirements into designs for business-facing dashboards and reports.
- Perform any necessary data analysis and create stored procedures.
- Develop and modify reports using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Report Builder 3.0.
- Unit test and debug work product.
- Document delivered solutions throughout process, including data analysis, system applications and user interface requirements.
- Operate according to and actively train Finance Systems colleagues in best practice SSRS build methodology
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to facilitate gathering requirements from an international network of users with different needs and expectations.
- Extensive development experience using Report Builder 3.0.
- A creative and experimental approach to report design.
- Ability to build SQL scripts and/or stored procedures within Microsoft SQL Server environment used by the reporting tools.
- Technical writing experience, including ability to prepare clear specifications and supporting administration guides.
- Ability to train and empower other team members on report delivery methodology.
- Flexibility to handle multiple projects simultaneously and mange own work load on a day-to-day basis.
- Willingness to collaborate with others to achieve success as a team.
- Basic understanding of the key financial drivers of a professional services organisation.
- Initiative and desire to get the job done to a high standard.
Who we are looking for
- Previous experience reporting data from a multi-currency, multi-jurisdictional ERP or practice management system is an advantage, as is a background in law firms, other professional services organisations or financial institutions.
- Proven track record of end-to-end delivery of SSRS report solutions, including extensive knowledge of Report Builder 3.0.
- Strong SQL skills essential.
- Useful, but not essential, to have worked in an agile development environment.