We are recruiting a Group Accountant to work within our Finance team based in Sheffield.
The role will support the team in the fulfilment of the department's objectives and to drive forward improvements to the Group reporting for DLA Piper.
This is a role for a capable and skilled individual to complement the team and build strong relationships with the overseas financial controllers, tax, partner accounting and other finance team members.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Year end reporting - Preparing the statutory accounts for various entities, preparing and reviewing the year end inter-firm matrix, reconciling the management accounts to the statutory accounts, preparing dormant accounts and reviewing submitted consolidation packs, reviewing submitted consolidation packs
- Group Management Accounts/Reporting - Reviewing the monthly inter-firm matrix, reviewing inter-firm balances on Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable, calculating of certain monthly group journals and driving continued improvement of management reporting and risk management
- Supporting improvements to financial controls and other efficiencies
- Reviewing of payments in line with the firm's policy
- Provide direct support to the Senior Group Accountant and other finance teams as required
- Be a point of contact in central finance for your areas of responsibility, including responding to ad-hoc queries and information requests
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Must be a qualified Accountant with previous experience
• Knowledge of automated consolidation packages and financial accounts systems would be beneficial
- Must have excellent Excel skills
- Possess excellent technical knowledge of current accounting standards and regulatory reporting requirements
- Have the ability to work on own initiative and is able to identify and resolve complex issues
- Strong team working skills are essential, along with attention to detail and accuracy
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.