Internal Communications Specialist - Publishing
Clifford Chance is one of the world's leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the three key markets of the Americas, Asia and Europe and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; litigation and dispute resolution, and technology.
Alongside world-class legal careers, Clifford Chance offers excellent opportunities in the support functions that underpin its business operations. By joining us in business services, you will help us to innovate in the way we deliver our services and enable us to run a successful multinational business that never stands still. Business services are integral to the running of the firm and are critical to its success.
The Internal Communications Specialist - Publishing is a key member of the global internal communications team and manages key internal communications. Sitting within the wider communications team, the role holder will act as a point of contact and offer best practice to colleagues across the Firm on their written internal communications.
Working closely with the Global Head of Internal Communications, the Internal Communications Specialist - Publishing role comprises the following main areas of responsibility:
1. Managing the daily news channel, CC Today
Working with Clifford Chance contacts across the global business, you will be responsible for managing, editing, publishing and measuring the global elements of CC Today, the Firm's daily newsfeed. You will bring a journalistic and proactive approach to planning, writing and publishing relevant articles for the global section on a daily basis, and identifying and publishing content where appropriate to other sections of the intranet. You will also assist with the publishing the London daily newsfeed. Each week, you will publish a News Digest, summarising the top five stories that appeared on CC Today over the course of the previous few days. The News Digest is sent to all members of the Firm.
2. Content development for Clifford Chance internal and external publications and channels
You will develop content for a wide-range of internal and external publications including long form interviews with key Clifford Chance stakeholders, feature length articles, thought and opinion-led articles. You will work with a wide range of internal stakeholders to develop content for publications such as the annual Responsible Business Report, the bi-annual Diversity Report and the publication of our Alumni Zone quarterly online newsletter for the Firm's community of 8,000 plus alumni. Where relevant you will provide publishing advice to those business areas that may require it.
3. Content development for Clifford Chance digital channels
You will work with internal stakeholders to develop impactful, data driven content for a variety of channels to be distributed via our digital channels including our automated content distribution platform. In developing this content, you will provide advice and expertise around writing for digital channels (e.g. SEO, User experience (UX) testing, Metrics, Web design and development, Social media integration)
4. Other responsibilities
As part of a small team, there will be occasions where you will support the Internal Communications team in the successful execution of wider team initiatives, such as the delivery of large internal campaigns and events, such as our Global Open Forum business updates and thought leadership speaker events.
- Excellent written communication skills (both digital and non-digital)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to self-organise, multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to turn complex information into clear, engaging copy which is purposed for specific channels
- Client-focused, motivated, proactive, forward-thinking, organised, creative and diplomatic
- As part of the role, you will interview and work with the most senior leaders of the Firm. You will have the ability to interact with senior management and other business contacts in a professional, confident manner
- A team player, willing to go the extra mile for both the team's clients and the team itself
- Preferably educated to degree level in journalism, communications or English, or with experience working in a related field.
- Previous experience in writing, editing and publishing feature-length articles and short, engaging news stories for print and web essential
- Planning, budgeting and supplier management expertise
- Previous experience as a journalist is advantageous, but not essential