Alongside world-class legal careers, Clifford Chance offers excellent opportunities in the support functions that underpin its business operations. By joining us in business services, you will help us to innovate in the way we deliver our services and enable us to run a successful multinational business that never stands still. Business services are integral to the running of the firm and are critical to its success.
Clifford Chance's Finance team is at the heart of its strategy. The department is involved in managing accounts, budgets and forecasts, providing trend and competitor analysis and other statistical support for partner presentations, as well as cash management, remuneration and internal audit, ultimately ensuring that the firm is compliant, efficient and profitable.
The role of the Collections Advisor is situated within the Collections team for the London office.
The specific purpose of this role is to provide collections activities for at least 20 Partners within the London office, thereby helping to reduce lock-up and the firm's indebtedness.
The role also involves the provision of timely and accurate collections information to your Collections Manager, to assist with collections forecasts, the identification and escalation of key issues and concerns.
Revenue for the London office in 2015/16 was in excess of £480m
- Partner/Fee-earner collections meetings (working closely with billers to ensure seamless process, client agreement compliance and speedy query resolution )
- Chasing outstanding debts using the collections processes (as applicable)
- Liaising with Collections Manager and Collection Advisors to deliver collections solutions for onward delivery to partners/fee-earners.
- Timely escalation of queries with regard to speedy resolution of debt queries.
- Regular FAST (Financial analysis tool - WIP/debt estimating/monitoring)
- Timely and accurate provisioning of outstanding debt
- Build a network of client contacts.
- Liaising with cashiers to assist with the allocation of cash payments, client to office transfers and client funds reimbursements.
- Ad-hoc tasks as and when required
At Clifford Chance, we believe in bringing the client – both internal and external – to the centre of everything we do. To do this we need to understand, anticipate and fulfill the unique needs and expectations of each client. We call this “Client Focus” and to help deliver this core part of the business strategy, we want to recruit people who not only excel in their field but who are also client focused.
We are looking for people who:
- Can demonstrate a keen interest and enthusiasm to understand their clients priorities;
- Are self-starters but also team players ready to help others and contribute to the overall success;
- Listen, question and deliver; and
- Are reliable and responsive, who can put the needs of the client first.
In short, we are looking for people who are motivated by client satisfaction and who strive to exceed the expectations of their clients.
- You should be familiar and confident in following a pre-determined set of processes and be competent in completing and recording tasks onto a practice management or similar system
- You should be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to escalate /collaborate with team members in achieving successful outcomes that meet business needs. You should possess the confidence to communicate with people at all levels both internally and externally.
- You should be able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills, with an aptitude to understand new concepts quickly.
- You will need a flexible working approach and be solution focused in delivering the role's responsibilities
The role holder will have previous experience of working within a Collections or Credit Control team, ideally within a Professional Service firm environment. The role holder will have some experience of working in a target driven environment and will have a proven track record in delivering and exceeding targets.
- You will be able to demonstrate technical knowledge and expertise of a global professional services practice management system (Keystone, Elite or SAP), together with a sound knowledge of Excel and Word.
- You will have a good understanding of the financial processes that underpin Collections activities, the ability to apply these when dealing with the requirements of Partners and the clients with whom they work.