Collaboration Services Engineer - 3 Month Contract
The Messaging & Collaboration Team is an integral part of the Infrastructure & Platform Services function within Clifford Chances Global IT Operations organization. We are a high performing global team, who deliver a stable, secure and scalable service for Clifford Chance, in accordance with ITIL best practice. We operate a 24x7x365 operation tasked with engineering, implementing and maintaining our global operations.
Reporting to the Global Unified Comms & Collab Service Owner, the Collaboration Services Engineer is:
- Required to support and lead key messaging and collaboration projects. This includes coordinating activities with colleagues in other regions and time zones.
- Required to liaise with external vendors and work closely with architecture and operational teams in designing, developing, and delivering business critical solutions.
- Have experience of working in high impact, mission critical environments where service matters and exceeding expectations is the norm.
- Be an excellent communicator with effective influencing skills essential in order to function effectively in a matrix-managed environment and liaise effectively with global colleagues and team members at all levels.
- This role requires a strong background in enterprise Messaging & Collaboration technologies, both on premise and hosted/cloud based services.
Key responsibilities include
- Deliver or input into messaging & collaboration related projects that are business and operations driven, delivering in accordance with Project Delivery Framework.
- Work with project managers in delivery of agreed technology solution.
- Engage with Architecture and TDA on solution design and delivery.
- Produce HLD, LLD, and other technical documentation for various collaboration projects.
- Investigate and review industry standard collaboration solutions to improve service offering.
- Provide support of and for Incident and Problem management activities, assisting where required the operation team.
- Change Management process adherence for all project related/task work.
- Liaising with regional offices.
- Assisting the Global Messaging & Collaboration Service Owner in developing a Collaboration Services Roadmap to support firm's IT Strategy.
Key Areas of Experience
- Demonstrable experience in planning, implementing, securing and maintaining enterprise-class Messaging & Collaboration services (5000 + user base).
- You will be highly organised and have proven ability to operate well under pressure, working to tight deadlines.
- You will be able to identify tasks and manage them effectively to completion autonomously with minimal or no supervision.
- You will have extremely good communication, documentation and administration skills with a good eye for detail.
- You will have extensive experience of Messaging & Collaboration systems, ideally some understanding of MOF, PRINCE2 or similar methodologies.
- Extensive experience of Microsoft Exchange 2010 and 2016, with associated services and interoperability.
- Understanding of load balancing and failover in Exchange 2010/2016.
- Extensive experience of Symantec Enterprise Vault, preferably Version 12 or later.
- Extensive experience performing thorough eDiscovery Search and Retrieval investigations over Messaging platforms, including Microsoft Exchange, Enterprise Vault and Outlook. Providing clear reports on progress and forecasting of forward effort.
- Cloud based messaging solutions like MimeCast, Office365 etc. Cloud directory synchronization.
- Hands on experience with Lync Online, Lync Server 2013, Skype for Business, Cisco Spark,
- Good awareness of Networking topologies, Routing and DNS.
- Client endpoint/application integration with Outlook, BYOD, Direct Access etc.
- You will have proven experience of working with architecture teams, successful delivery of large messaging projects and experience of delivering functional specifications, high level and low level design documents.
- Responsibility for delivery of projects into the operating environment.
Mandatory Technical Skills
The Collaboration Services Engineer will be a recognised expert in the following areas:
- SMTP Diagnostics for NDR's and tracking issues.
- Performance, trend and problem analysis.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2010 and 2016.
- Extensive knowledge of Symantec Enterprise Vault.
- Strong knowledge of eDiscovery tools for search and retrieval of messaging data.
- Strong knowledge of Blackberry and Good Dynamics services.
- Strong Active Directory and Network troubleshooting skills.
- Exchange Powershell scripting, automation and reporting.
Mandatory Platform Exposure
Exposure and strong experience of the following is a must for this role:
- Symantec Enterprise Vault, preferably version 12 or later.
- Exchange 2010 in multi DAG deployments / Windows Server Clustering.
- Blackberry and Good Dynamics platforms.
- Office 365 services; Exchange and Skype for Business.
Preferable Technical Skills
The following skills are desired in addition to the mandatory for this role:
- High Level Design Documentation.
- Low Level Design Documentation.
- Working across technical support teams offshore and internationally.
- Understanding of SQL.
- Understanding of AD, Exchange and PF permission models.
Preferable Platform Exposure
Experience of the following is desired in addition to the mandatory:
- Enterprise Vault 12.
- Blackberry Enterprise Server 5/10/12.
- Good Dynamics.
- Cisco IronPorts / Symantec PGP Universal Server.
- Fax services such as Efax, Rightfax, Faxination, etc.
- Monitoring & reporting systems (Systems Centre, Quest MessageStats, ISEC7, Topper etc.).
- Storage technologies such as SAN, NAS etc (preferably HP EVA, NetApp SANs, VNX etc).
It is the Firm's policy to treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age. Furthermore, the Firm will ensure that no requirement or condition will be imposed without justification which could disadvantage individuals purely on any of the above grounds.
The policy applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer and every other aspect of employment.
The Firm will regularly review its procedures and selection criteria to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and otherwise treated according to their relevant individual abilities and merits.
The Firm is committed to the implementation of this policy and to a programme of action to ensure that the policy is, and continues to be, fully effective. All staff are required to comply with the policy and to act in accordance with its objectives so as to remove any barriers to equal opportunity. Any act of discrimination by employees or any failure to comply with the terms of the policy will result in disciplinary action.