Tax Manager (Partner Affairs and Tax)
We are currently seeking a Tax Manager for the Partner Affairs and Tax team reporting to the Senior Tax Manager and Head of Partner affairs and Tax. The role will involve interfacing with Partners, Business Support Directors and Managers, local/regional accountants and external advisors.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review of:
- Partnership profit sharing calculations and tax reserving calculations
- UK Partnership Tax computation, including double tax relief claims
- Corporation Tax computations for the Partnership’s UK service companies
- Liaison with overseas advisors and Finance Controllers to ensure timely international tax compliance
- Maintenance and reconciliation of Partner tax reserve accounts in line with tax returns
- Improving existing processes and establishing robust procedures in the new accounting system
- Management of joining and leaving processes for Partners, including introductory Partner meetings
- Co-ordinating responses to ad hoc queries from partners
- Supporting wider Finance Team colleagues with international withholding tax management and recovery
- Supporting wider Finance Team colleagues with international projects and initiatives
- Dealing with ad hoc queries relating to areas such as Employment Tax and VAT
Skills and Experience Required
- ACA/ACCA/CTA (or overseas equivalent) qualified, with solid experience working in a professional services environment
- Ability to interact with senior stakeholders in a professional and eloquent manner
- Self-review, discipline and intellectual curiosity
- High and focused energy levels
Skills and Experience Desirable
- Practical experience of UK Partnership and Corporation Tax returns
- International Tax experience
- Strong experience in the use of Excel- INDEX MATCH, Pivot tables etc.
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome receiving direct candidate applications via our careers page.
If you would like to ask any specific questions beforehand, please contact Kirran Gill at email@example.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Diversity and Inclusion
At Norton Rose Fulbright we value difference and promote a culture of respect for each individual. We encourage workforce diversity in all aspects and at all levels and in doing so create an environment where everyone can realise their full potential and career ambitions on the basis of merit and skill.
If you are unable to apply for a position online or require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please contact Kirran on firstname.lastname@example.org
The Norton Rose Fulbright office in London has been awarded the Disability Two Ticks Symbol by Jobcentre Plus. The symbol identifies those employers who have agreed to meet five commitments regarding the recruitment, employment, retention and career development of disabled people.
We want to support your application as best we can. For that reason, we operate a Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS). This means that applicants with a disability need only meet the minimum qualifying criteria for a role to qualify for an interview under the scheme.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at Norton Rose Fulbright please click on the following link http://www.nortonrosefulbright.com/corporate-responsibility/diversity-and-inclusion/
Norton Rose Fulbright
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global legal practice. We provide the world’s pre-eminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. We have more than 3800 lawyers based in over 50 cities across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
Recognized for our industry focus, we are strong across all the key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Wherever we are, we operate in accordance with our global business principles of quality, unity and integrity. We aim to provide the highest possible standard of legal service in each of our offices and to maintain that level of quality at every point of contact.
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright Australia, Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP, Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa (incorporated as Deneys Reitz Inc) and Fulbright & Jaworski LLP, each of which is a separate legal entity, are members (‘the Norton Rose Fulbright members’) of Norton Rose Fulbright Verein, a Swiss Verein. Norton Rose Fulbright Verein helps coordinate the activities of the Norton Rose Fulbright members but does not itself provide legal services to clients.
Law around the world