Revenue Team Leader
The London based revenue teams are located on the business floors and are supported by an outsourced processing partner.. This ensures effective delivery of billing and revenue management to the legal teams. Each team comprises of a Revenue Team Leader, Revenue Controllers, Revenue Administrators and Credit Controllers and numbers vary depending on the size of the practice groups being supported.
The Revenue Team Leader reports to the Revenue Manager and plays a crucial function in delivering a best in class revenue service to a specific group of practice areas whilst positively contributing to the overall revenue management of the London office.
This role requires a self-starter with significant experience in legal revenue management, collections and billing together with a clear and demonstrable understanding of the end to end revenue stream and its impact on profitability. Additionally, you should be able to evidence a proven track record managing a portfolio of partners and making a positive contribution to the management of their matters.
The Revenue Team Leader will be responsible for all aspects of matter and WIP management from inception through to cash collection to promote lock up reduction and increase the Firm’s cash liquidity. Each Revenue Team leader may be responsible for a combination of the following responsibilities depending on which revenue group they lead:
- Financial review and approval of all new matters for new and existing clients as part of the Firm’s Client and Matter Inception process (CMI)
- Review and set up of approved client and/matter rates on the Global Practice Management System (GPMS)
- Organising and holding monthly WIP review meetings with partners to promote instructions for billing and matter maintenance requirements
- Ensure the billing cycle is managed in accordance with Firm policies and partner/client instructions
- Ensure rate structures, alternative pricing/billing arrangements are applied
- Remote supervision of any process that is delegated to the outsourcing partner ensuring SLA are maintained
- Hold regular conference calls with outsourcing partner to promote and ensure quality, accuracy and compliance of the billing output
- Direct supervision of the Revenue Management professionals within their designated team practice or process areas
- Ensure adherence to the SRA Accounts Rules and UK and EC VAT Regulations
- Oversea the resolution billing and collection related queries
- Organising and managing monthly WIP review meetings with partners to promote instructions for billing pledges and matter maintenance requirements
- Ensure the collection process is managed in accordance to Firm policies
- Work closely with the Revenue Manager, Matter Partners and Financial Controller to ensure appropriate escalation of revenue/billing/collection issues take place
- Manage the eBilling process in accordance with Firm policies and clients’ outside counsel billing guidelines
- Support and contribute to revenue best practice across EMEA
- Support the business transformation change and business process efficiencies promoted under Project 2020
- Travel to outsource partner, client or other third party as the role dictates
- Adhoc tasks and project work relevant to the role
Skills and Experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the confidence and gravitas to liaise at all levels within the business
- Strong team management skills
- Sound working knowledge of the SRA Accounting Rules and VAT Regulations
- Self-motivated team player able to the get the best out of your team
- Significant revenue management, legal billing and collections experience gained in a major city based law firm
- Significant experience using recognised legal practice management systems (e.g. SAP, Aderant Expert or Elite Enterprise/3G) and other complimentary legal technology (e.g. Intapp Open, eBillingHub etc)
- Strong Microsoft Office application experience (i.e. Excel/Word/Outlook/PowerPoint)
- Experience of applying rate structures, alternative pricing/billing arrangements and working in multiple currencies
- Demonstrable knowledge of e-billing in a legal environment. Experience of working with LEDES file formats is desirable
- Flexible approach to working hours and a willingness to work outside core hours during busy periods
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome receiving direct candidate applications via our careers page.
If you would like to ask any specific questions beforehand, please contact Kirran Gill firstname.lastname@example.org (enquiries only - we do not accept applications by email)
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Diversity and Inclusion
At Norton Rose Fulbright we value difference and promote a culture of respect for each individual. We encourage workforce diversity in all aspects and at all levels and in doing so create an environment where everyone can realise their full potential and career ambitions on the basis of merit and skill.
If you are unable to apply for a position online or require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please contact our Recruitment team on email@example.com
The Norton Rose Fulbright office in London has been awarded the Disability Two Ticks Symbol by Jobcentre Plus. The symbol identifies those employers who have agreed to meet five commitments regarding the recruitment, employment, retention and career development of disabled people.
We want to support your application as best we can. For that reason, we operate a Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS). This means that applicants with a disability need only meet the minimum qualifying criteria for a role to qualify for an interview under the scheme.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at Norton Rose Fulbright please click on the following link http://www.nortonrosefulbright.com/about-us/diversity-and-inclusion/
Norton Rose Fulbright
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global law firm. We provide the world’s preeminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. We have more than 4000 lawyers and other legal staff based in Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
Recognized for our industry focus, we are strong across all the key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare. Through our global risk advisory group, we leverage our industry experience with our knowledge of legal, regulatory, compliance and governance issues to provide our clients with practical solutions to the legal and regulatory risks facing their businesses.
Wherever we are, we operate in accordance with our global business principles of quality, unity and integrity. We aim to provide the highest possible standard of legal service in each of our offices and to maintain that level of quality at every point of contact.
Norton Rose Fulbright Verein, a Swiss verein, helps coordinate the activities of Norton Rose Fulbright members but does not itself provide legal services to clients. Norton Rose Fulbright has offices in more than 50 cities worldwide, including London, Houston, New York, Toronto, Mexico City, Hong Kong, Sydney and Johannesburg. For more information, see nortonrosefulbright.com/legal-notices.
Law around the world