Senior PA Resource Co-ordinator (Part time)
We have an exciting, new opportunity for a Senior PA Resource Co-ordinator to join our Bristol office in a part-time, 13 month fixed term role, working as part of a jobshare on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
Osborne Clarke is a leading International Legal Practice looking after a wide range of commercial clients such as Barclays, Facebook, Siemens and Vodafone. We are renowned for our unstuffy and supportive culture, encouraging all our people to make the most of their talent in a fast growing and exciting environment.
Our focussed strategy and open culture has been rewarded by winning Roll on Friday's 'Law Firm of the Year' award for 2018.
What you'll do
- Work closely with the jobshare fellow Senior PA resource coordinator to deliver a seamless service and support to the Projects team.
- Provide a highly professional effective and proactive PA support to a number of Fee Earners.
- Support the team leader in the management and development of the Practice Group / Service Line business strategy and support the wider business aims and strategy of OC.
- Support the Business Support Managers (and other Senior PAs) in the development and effectiveness of PA and admin working practices and efficiencies throughout OC.
- Manage workflow, support and develop a team of five PAs
- Ensure appropriate cover for absences, and manage absence issues
- Coordinate workflow
- Identify training needs
- Coach and supervise
- Assist with appraisals
- Provide assistance for team members during sickness / holidays as required.
- Develop and maintain exemplary positive internal and external client and PA relationships.
- Develop strong working relationships with staff and key clients in our international offices ensuring open and proactive communications at all times.
- Proactively take responsibility for all travel arrangements, conference bookings and meeting room bookings for externally sponsored events and advise lawyers in advance.
- Anticipate and avoid potential diary clashes, provide conference dial in or VC details for all organised meetings in advance.
- Develop strong working relationships with our key clients. Anticipate, mitigate and resolve potential client relationship issues or concerns; embed necessary change, learn and pass on new learning to the team and colleagues.
- Role model a ‘can-do’, positive work ethic; being decisive, responsible, and taking ownership of issues that arise.
- Role model flexibility and openness to change, and drive change through the team.
- Play an active role in managing and taking responsibility for the billing process, including complex fee arrangements for both domestic and international client relationships, working closely with our international offices and accounts team.
- Proactively identify opportunities, actively contribute and be involved with ad-hoc projects as given by the team (and across OC).
- Challenge, question and provide creative solutions to improve processes and share best practice to ensure greater efficiency across Practice Groups and locations.
- Support TKLs with IT aspects of precedents, and be creative with technical solutions for all team members.
- Demonstrate excellent Word skills, with the ability to amend and format large and complex documents where necessary.
- Work closely with the PAs within the group to ensure all admin is dealt with in a timely manner including
- Filing, scanning of post, drafting correspondence and communications
- File opening, assisting with CDD requirements, closing / arranging off-site storage of files.
The position requires a Senior PA with relevant experience and knowledge, who is able to use their own initiative, have first class organisational skills and be an integral team player. Flexibility, diversity and proactive positivity are key attributes.
- Strong natural leadership qualities with experience of managing, organising and delegating to people resources including managing workflows
- Enthusiastic and positive approach
- Essential to have good organisational skills and be able to prioritise work
- Flexible and enthusiastic
- Ability to work under pressure with little supervision
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised
- Ability to problem solve and deliver under pressure
- Essential to have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Essential to have excellent time and performance management.
- Essential to work with confidentiality, discretion and diplomacy.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail (in particular in managing complex billing arrangements).
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to remain calm and friendly even in a crisis.
- Ability to flexibly manage change
- Capable of taking initiative and developing solutions
Osborne Clarke is an inclusive working environment and values diversity in its workforce.