Clifford Chance is one of the world's leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The Firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the three key markets of the Americas, Asia and Europe and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; litigation and dispute resolution. Clifford Chance's aim is to be the leader of an elite group of law firms.
The Global Programme Group (GPG) works with the Firm's leadership to shape and deliver the Firm's strategy as part of an orchestrated programme of change.
The Business Analyst role sits within the GPG function charged with setting the scene for change to enable the fast and accurate delivery of Business benefits through the GPG programme of change. This function adds value through the attitude, knowledge, skills and experience of its staff.
The role of the Business Analyst is primarily focused on the elicitation, analysis, communication and validation of the requirements for changes to business information systems, policies and associated processes.
The role incumbent will be responsible for delivering holistic business solutions utilizing the full project lifecycle with a primary focus on business value and benefit realisation. The following accountabilities will be held:
• Undertake business analysis across the breadth of Clifford Chance business areas;
• Analyze and implement integrated system and operational process changes;
• Assist the Senior Business Analysts in gathering, validating and documenting various system information needs;
• Assist senior business stakeholders make informed decisions about which initiatives to progress and how to tackle the initiatives;
• Maintain and verify requirements specifications accordingly;
• Facilitating and running both internal and external workshops;
• Consideration of the impacts on existing processes and systems including the risks associated with suggested changes;
• Guide and manage multiple stakeholders across multiple departments and/or regions through the agreement and delivery of the change;
• Understand business problems and opportunities in the perspective of the requirements and recommend solutions that enable the business to achieve its goals;
• Clearly articulate and document business needs/problems framed in the context of the firm's strategy;
• Obtain buy-in and agreement of the business need and the proposed solution from stakeholders and the project team ensuring centrally driven initiatives are implemented in a pragmatic and practical manner;
• Act as a liaison among stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems;
• Support the GPG programme and project managers in developing business requirements and building robust project business cases;
• Support all members of the GPG in conducting business analysis activities including documenting processes, identifying and analyzing solutions and understanding the impact of changes;
• Ensure compliance with all internal Clifford Chance policies, procedures and regulations;
• Support the development of communication plans in line with the solution delivery; and
• Contribute to the GPG lessons learned and organisational learning processes.
The role incumbent will possess the following skills and knowledge, preferably practiced in a law firm or other similar professional services company:
• Demonstrable experience of understanding business processes and how the processes and IT systems are used to identify needs/problems and solutions;
• Demonstrable ability to work across multiple business units and handle initiatives in new business units with confidence;
• Demonstrable experience of requirements gathering tools/techniques including: user Stories, Use Cases, Process Modelling and workshops/interviews;
• Degree or equivalent;
• Excellent communication skills in order to engage, lead and influence stakeholders at all levels of the business;
• Strong facilitation, negotiation and mediation skills;
• A strong customer centric approach and can lead by example;
• Creative and flexible approach to problem solving;
• Cultural sensitivity and awareness in dealing with global customers and suppliers;
• Good time management skills, excellent teamwork, motivation and attention to detail;
• BCS Business Analysis or other recognised business analysis qualification; and
• Experience of working with Prince2, MSP, Agile Project Management or other recognised project management techniques.