Applications Specialist, IT
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Business Area – IT Department
Role: Applications Specialist
Hours of work – Monday to Friday, 9:00 - 5:30, however you will be required to work such hours as are necessary to carry out your duties.
Department/ Role Overview:
The roles primary responsibility will be the firms Intapp OPEN platform and Intapp Wall Builder while also supporting other firm wide applications.
Intapp OPEN is a global web-based software application specifically designed to streamline management of the entire new business acceptance lifecycle (including intake, Risk and conflicts).
Intapp Wall Builder aka Walls is the firm's web-based application that enables Ashurst to centrally control, monitor and report on the entire confidentiality lifecycle.
The role will encompass general administration, development, project based requests, and liaison with key members of the business adapting their requirements into business workflows and processes.
An on-call team rota will be required.
To undertake application support analyst responsibilities as required.
Ensure the team is working effectively and efficiently and uphold the Ashurst Values.
- Responsible for the firms applications. Primarily, Intapp OPEN the firms risk and compliance platform and Intapp Wall Builder
- Responsible for, continually reviewing and improving the application services, processes, standards to ensure they remain enterprise ready and best in class
- Create and manage the following:
- forms (Form Designer)
- notifications (Notification Designer)
- integrations (Integration Designer): can be SQL-based or use of pre-existing Integration Builder objects
- workflows (Workflow Designer)
- users (groups, roles, permissions)
- Set up system configuration (configuration global system options & New Request Dialogue)
- Set up an develop SSRS reports
- Perform Intapp OPEN software installations
- Develop/change Integration builder objects
- Manage individual application development work streams as required, taking on roles such as Technical Lead and representing the team on various projects
- Technically contribute to the firms applications roadmap and strategy, for all applications
- Support and develop relationships with the Core Applications team, IT and the business
- Work closely with the IT management team and peers
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requires and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience of Intapp OPEN Administration modules in Intake, Risk and Conflicts
- Knowledge of Intapp OPEN database
- Experience of Intapp Wall Builder also known as Intapp Walls
- Advanced Integration Builder for updating/troubleshooting data integrations between systems
- Experience of building reports using SSRS Experience of law firm Intake and Conflict systems
- Microsoft IIS
- Experience of web services & 3rd party APIs / Intapp OPEN API
- Configuring searching / search rules / search terms in a legal Conflicts process context
- GUI-based workflow / forms design experience
- Intermediate XML Understanding for traversing/modifying of various schema elements within the data, XPath.
- Basic computer skills for interacting with the Intapp OPEN and Intapp Wall Builder interface.
- Experience of MS server support (2008 R2/2012). With experience in Microsoft back office products Windows server, Active Directory, Microsoft SQL and the Microsoft security stack
- Experience of SQL server admin (2005/2012). With experience in large data export and imports
- Database skills (SQL) & data management experience; Intermediate TSQL skills for integrations/querying, understanding of table/field locations for 3rd party integration / query integrations, advanced MSSQL administration skills for server administration.
- Experience of call logging systems (ServiceDesk+ or similar)
- Detail oriented with an analytical and thorough approach to issue resolution
- A good eye to detail, ability to work accurately and efficiently even when under pressure
- Ability to complete set tasks with minimal supervision
- Tactful and diplomatic when in pressured situations, uses initiative with 'can do' approach
- A proven track record of simultaneously delivering on large Programmes, Projects and BAU
- Strong awareness of full application lifecycles including Agile and Waterfall
- Excellent written, oral communication skill and ability to produce meaningful and reliable technical documentation
- Experience and knowledge of LAN/WAN fundamentals
- Working with Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010 or later
Desired skills and experience
- Experience in continuous Improvement processes
- Experience of Prince 2 project methodology
- Experience in VMWare technologies
- Experience with Citrix
- Experience with Azure and O365
Our Culture is shaped by our core values of Collaboration, Excellence, Innovation, Integrity and Accountability. They guide how we relate with each other, our clients, our behaviour.