Senior Proposals Manager
Dentons is always looking to invest in the highest-quality talent, recognising that our success is built on the diverse and unique strengths of each of the members of our Firm.
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work. www.dentons.com.
Our team of business services staff play a significant role in the success of Dentons, and we recruit staff into a wide variety of areas. Here, we look for focused, flexible individuals from a variety of backgrounds who are team players. Previous experience within the legal sector is not essential. We want to give everyone the opportunity to develop his or her potential fully and, therefore, provide support, training and encouragement to members of staff at all levels.
Purpose of role
Working in the largest law firm in the world, the Senior Proposals Manager will manage a team based in London, Scotland and Poland that covers global and regional proposals, taking the lead on the most significant and complex opportunities coming in to the business. They will also advise on and implement measures to improve Dentons Proposals function, new business processes, pre-bid client management and client onboarding using both market knowledge and the desire to innovate that has become so central to the firm's ethos. This is a challenging and interesting role that will involve being both hands-on and highly strategic providing partners, lawyers and other members of the firm with advice on best practice across the entire proposals process.
Managing the team and pipeline of bid opportunities
- Overseeing all proposals run by the team - Providing expertise, energy and brave thinking to ensure the firm has its best possible chance of winning the opportunity with a differentiated sales proposition
- Managing a portfolio of proposals from go/no go to beauty parade
- Promoting best practice in terms of pipeline management prior to a tender opportunity
- Ensuring best practice approach to firm-wide KPIs and metrics relating to the recording of bids, win/loss ratio, reporting and undertaking of pitch debriefs
- Advising on the inclusion of profitable pricing models and persuasive added-value propositions
- Undertaking the provision of pitch meeting coaching that genuinely challenges and improves the performance of pitch teams
- Obtaining insightful client feedback and acting on it accordingly to constantly improve the way in which we pitch and the formulation of new ways of working and products for the business
- Working with the wider business development team to support on key projects
- Promoting proposal best practice within the wider business development team
BD systems and reporting
- Working with Business Development Managers and Client Relationship Managers on panel proposals as appropriate
- Working with the Digital team and the wider Global Proposals Team to continually improve pitch management systems and to ensure the efficient and timely production of proposals and reports
- Continually review and reinvent pitch templates, structures and content to ensure consistency and best practice
- Keeping up-to-date with market best practice and developments in relation to proposals
Required experience, skills and attributes
- Very strong proposals capability and experience within an international, preferably global professional services environment – ideally within the legal sector
- Significant experience of procurement-led proposal processes
- Experience of leading the management of complex, multi-service line, multi-jurisdictional proposal opportunities
- CIM qualification or other marketing qualification would be desirable but not essential
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Experience of leading a high-performing business services team
- Strong experience of producing profitable pricing models and added value propositions
- Must be able to demonstrate creativity, project management skills and coaching experience
- Excellent people skills and ability to influence individuals who are not direct reports
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.