Senior Legal Project Manager
We are recruiting a Senior Legal Project Manager to join our Legal Project Management ("LPM") team within our London office.
The Senior Legal Project Manager will report into the Head of Legal Project Management, is a client facing role and acts as the business partner between the wider Service, Delivery & Quality team and our clients.
You will work within the Corporate department and focus on corporate transactions. You will work closely with lead Partners and their teams to lead the project management activities and to co-ordinate delivery of the legal work to meet the clients' needs to an agreed timeline and budget. This will involve client contact from the outset to define and document scope, advice on and set-up of internal matter management structure and governance, resourcing and budgeting, tracking transaction and financial progress, managing risk and identifying efficiencies throughout the life of the project.
The focus of the LPM team is to drive and implement significant change by focusing on delivery, process improvement and innovation, to increase efficiency and provide excellent client service on the most complex matters through effective legal project management. This is an exciting time to join the firm as developing more efficient ways of working lies at the heart of the firm's current strategy.
This role will be based in our London office but the Senior Legal Project Manager may be expected to travel as and when required as part of their role.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide supervision, development and support to the Legal Project Management teams and other DLA Piper offices as required
- Work alongside the lead Partner and core legal team to support on project delivery
- Coordinate work effort, scoping, pricing, planning, fee monitoring and reporting, status reporting, liaising with clients (where agreed), tracking scope changes, liaising with specialist departments and potentially other DLA Piper offices
- Promote the services of the Service Delivery and Quality team as well as those of other Service Areas as part of a holistic solutions based approach
- Work with a Legal Project Management tool to set up and track the status of each project
- Research working processes through discussions with fee earners
- Analysis of work product to identify any tasks that could be done by different/other resources and introduce new working efficiencies where appropriate
- Roll out improvements and solutions through coaching and training sessions
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Experience of leading projects and strategic initiatives, preferably within a Corporate department
- Prince 2 or similar qualification is an advantage but not essential
- Analytical and strategic mind set
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrably strong stakeholder management skills
- Technology savvy - able to use various other IT tools to support efficient working processes.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.