We are recruiting a Credit Controller to work within our Finance team based in Liverpool.
The purpose of the role is to support the business in managing the Firm's overall debt position in line with policy and proactively reduce aged debt, whilst continuing a positive relationship with our clients.
This is a role for an experienced and skilled individual to complement the existing team, work closely with the Credit Control Management and will involve a great deal of interaction with other areas of the business as well as external clients.
You will have the attributes to work in a fast paced environment providing a first class service attributed to a leading Global Law Firm.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collection of debt in line with the Firm's Credit Policy to ensure both UK and department cash collection targets are achieved by liaising with Partners and external clients
- Ensure accurate and concise collection notes are maintained within the Firm's collection system to reflect the current debt position for internal reporting purposes
- Identify client disputes and ensure prompt resolution by working with both internal and external clients whilst ensuring escalation procedures are adhered to at all times
- Liaise and assist Partners in all aspects of credit control to ensure Firm and personal KPI's are achieved by way of telephone and face to face meetings when required
- Provide detailed ledger analysis against objectives and targets to the Group Credit Controller when required
- Support the Firm's personal development initiatives and any departmental projects
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Experience of working in credit control within a target focused environment showing an ability to proactively achieve result. Experience in a legal environment would be preferable but not essential.
- An understanding of the impact of aged debt on a business
- A proven track record of negotiating and influencing situations to a positive outcome whilst developing and maintaining relationships
- Has the ability and motivation to work on their own initiative whilst understanding the need to work within a team and support colleagues
- Has the ability to work towards deadlines and achieve objectives whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- A versatile and flexible approach which is essential at key financial points of the year
- IT literate - Must have excellent Excel skills and experience of using ARCS or a bespoke collection system would be beneficial
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.