Graduate Programme Manager, UK
This newly created role is a fantastic opportunity to take responsibility for the end-to-end programme management of circa 100 graduates across our 7 UK offices.
Reporting into the Graduate Recruitment & Development Manager, UK, the Graduate Programme Manager will be part of an International, industry leading team.
The successful candidate will have proven graduate development and programme management experience within a global, matrix organisation.
The role requires significant UK travel.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This varied role will include:
- Rotation management and permanent placement process: work with business sponsors to plan and manage the seat rotation process for all offices, and place graduates into permanent newly qualified positions
- Performance and Employee Relations management: manage the end-to-end performance management process for graduates, including 1:1 performance review meetings on a 6 monthly basis and partnering with HR Business Partners for any ER issues
- Line manager training: design and deliver line manager training for the line managers of all graduates under management
- Budget management: responsible for graduate development budget and associated spend e.g. for induction and continued learning activities
- Vendor management: partner with external training vendors to design the induction and continued learning programmes for all graduates under management
- Learning and development: partner with internal and external stakeholders to design learning and development programmes for the graduate population under management, including the induction and continued learning programmes
- Regulatory bodies: work with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) and the Law Society of Scotland to ensure regulatory requirements in respect of training trainee solicitors are adhered to
- Industry awareness: attend industry events to ensure understanding of graduate recruitment and development trends are up to date
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Previous experience of Graduate programme management (including managing a high volume rotations) required, with a good understanding of performance management processes and frameworks
- Comfortable operating in an environment undergoing significant organizational change
- Demonstrable experience of thinking strategically to find commercial solutions that are in line with best practice, the firm's policies and meet the needs of the business
- Experienced at budget management
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage conflicting deadlines, with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Significant previous experience of managing data and production of reports
- Previous experience of working in a complex, global environment, and demonstrated success of delivering change preferred
- Active participant in industry networks preferred
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.