Working within the London Dispute Resolution practice providing support to the Dispute Resolution Court Manager (‘DRCM’) including procedural matters, attending court and liaising with court officers as required and general office duties.
Providing daily assistance to DRCM with the following;
- Advising fee earners on litigation processes, procedural rules and court documentation. Ensuring rule changes are communicated to fee-earners and precedents are updated accordingly.
- Drafting Judgments and Orders and assisting with the drafting of Statements of Case. Reviewing documentation prior to filing to ensure correct form.
- Court attendance, including appearing before Masters and Registrars at Court; obtaining approval of consent orders and minutes of order. Attending fixing appointments with Listing Officers, case management conferences and applications; liaising with Listing Officers for the listing of injunctions.
- Efficiently and accurately undertaking litigation procedures via the Court’s electronic filing system and in person; including sealing of orders, entering judgments; filing of Statements of Case and allocation questionnaires, lodging bundles, skeleton arguments and Statements of Costs for hearings, and paying Court fees. Carrying out service of process; advising on service inside / outside the jurisdiction and through Service Regulation, Hague Convention and other channels; assisting our corporate teams with Schemes of Arrangement and Share Capital Reductions, including drafting court documentation.
- To maintain entries within the Department’s electronic Court Diary.
- Providing alerts to colleagues in respect of litigation against key clients of the firm.
- Assisting with special projects, such as Court Intelligence Database.
- Assisting the Know How Lawyers with knowledge management and departmental meetings.
Skills and Experience Required
- Sound written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels within the firm and within the court system
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise tasks, manage own work load and remain calm under pressure.
- Willingness to learn - this is key to the role.
- Experience in a large international legal practice.
- Experience providing litigation support in a corporate legal environment.
- Knowledge of UK court procedures and process.
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome receiving direct candidate applications via our careers page.
If you would like to ask any specific questions beforehand, please contact Philippa Wilson at Philippa.email@example.com (enquiries only - we do not accept applications by email)
NO AGENCIES PLEASE