Legal PA - Dispute Resolution
This is an exciting time to join Howard Kennedy. The firm has completed two recent mergers and has moved to smart new offices at London Bridge. The firm has grown quickly, both in terms of revenue and profitability, and is an ambitious firm looking to exploit the potential that these mergers have brought.
To provide first class professional legal secretarial and administrative support to a busy Dispute Resolution Department working for 1 partner and 4 fee-earners.
Secretaries work principally for named fee earners, however all secretaries work as part of a team with shared responsibilities. Team members will be expected to prioritise and share tasks when appropriate in order to meet business needs.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Producing correspondence via BigHand digital dictation system and/or copy typing.
- Amending documents.
- Converting documents from Word to PDF and vice versa.
- Proof reading to ensure all documents produced are accurate and correctly presented.
- Complete documentation on Laserforms.
- Preparation of accounts forms and, where necessary, management of client invoices.
- Diary management to include booking of meetings and lunches (internally and externally).
- Processing/submitting expense claims.
- Manage and filter telephone calls from clients/contacts, taking detailed messages and assisting where appropriate.
- Using initiative to take responsibility of administration that will assist the fee earners.
- Acting as the key contact point for the fee earners both internally and externally.
- Being proactive by ensuring that the fee earners have any paperwork, equipment and supplies required for any meetings, travel etc.
- Collating and indexing legal documentation, deeds scheduling and deeds management.
- Indexing of bundles.
- Ensuring all correspondence/documentation is correctly electronically filed on Filesite and if required print hard copies for paper files and maintain filing up to date.
- Assisting the remainder of the team with secretarial duties to include digital dictation.
- Experience in a demanding, high performing professional services environment and within Dispute Resolution.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent diary management skills.
- Effective and professional telephone manner.
- Ability to work well under pressure remaining calm and focused.
- Excellent organisational skills and time-management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proven experience of legal secretarial work.
- Excellent use of Outlook.
- Practical use of BigHand digital dictation system.
- Practical use of Word, Filesite, Powerpoint and Excel.
- Constant enthusiastic, can-do and positive approach to tasks and situations as well as requests for action outside normal scope of duties.
- Ability to take personal responsibility, ownership and behave responsibly.
- Friendly, co-operative and approachable at all times.
- Listens carefully and questions to make sure you have all the information you need to take action.
- A resilient character with a positive attitude.
- Ability to be flexible and self-motivated.
- A strong team player.
- Professionally presented.
- A strong communicator with individuals of all levels.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme