This is an exciting time to join Howard Kennedy. The firm has completed two recent mergers and has moved to smart new offices at London Bridge. The firm has grown quickly, both in terms of revenue and profitability, and is an ambitious firm looking to exploit the potential that these mergers have brought.
To provide effective, pro-active professional and high quality administrative support across the residential development sales team to enable them to focus on providing legal services to clients. It is a key requirement that the Legal Administrator is able to demonstrate exceptional organisational skills and an ability to use their initiative at all times. They will be an integral part of a busy team and will need to interact daily with paralegals and fee earners and have the ability to prioritise workloads and liaise with other support functions to ensure timely delivery.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Printing of emails and attachments.
- Small volume photocopying and scanning, with delivery/collection of large volume of photocopying and scanning and couriers to Reprographics team.
- File opening and closure, following compliance rules.
- Typing of standard letters i.e. payment of invoices, acceptance of events.
- Collating and indexing legal documentation, deeds scheduling and deeds management.
- Ensuring any paper filing required is kept up to date.
- Undertaking research using the internet, databases etc.
- Maintaining the stationery supplies and ensuring the areas are kept tidy.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft and other commonly used software.
- Effective and professional telephone manner.
- Ability to work either on own initiative or part of team.
- Able to anticipate problems and develop solutions.
- Experience in a demanding, high performing professional services environment.
- Good organisational skills and time-management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure remaining calm and focussed.
- Ability to develop self and others and be learning oriented, wanting to learn and seek improvement.
- Accountable and professional.
- Constant enthusiastic, can-do and positive approach to tasks and situations as well as requests for action outside normal scope of duties.
- Ability to take personal responsibility, ownership and behave responsibly.
- Friendly, co-operative and approachable at all times.
- A good communicator with individuals of all levels.
- Listens carefully and questions to make sure you have all the information you need to take action.
- A resilient character with a positive attitude.
- Ability to be flexible and self-motivated.
- Displays discretion when dealing with sensitive information.
- A strong team player.
- Professionally presented.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual holiday
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme