About Gowling WLG
We have more than 1,400 legal professionals working around the world. Our offices span across 19 cities in Canada, the UK, Continental Europe, Asia and the Middle East. There's strength in our global presence – we embrace our differing cultures and work together as one team. We also understand the importance of investing in relationships that build knowledge and trust, while we provide legal advice that's tailored to our clients' world.
'Our people and distinct culture are what makes us different. We know this through client and employee feedback and this drives everything we do'' Chris Oglethorpe, HR Director.
There are great opportunities for all our people to flourish. Through training and personal development they can grow in their role. Our people are the cornerstone of our success, across legal, business support and early talent. We care about their happiness and believe in the power of teamwork. We want them to feel empowered and recognise that by supporting, respecting and embracing everyone's different contributions we achieve more.
Working flexibly, working fairly
Agile working offers people more freedom and flexibility in where, when, and how they work. As technology advances and our workforce becomes more diverse – and with clients often working to a 24/7 rhythm – having extra flexibility is key to helping us balance work and other commitments sensibly and productively.
By supporting people to choose where and when they get their work done, we help them to make a full and fair contribution to their team – while maintaining that all important work-life balance.
Main Purpose of the Job
To support the Portfolio Team in collating and analysing project related information for the PMO and Change Board plus documenting PMO, Change Board and Business Improvement (BI) processes as well as working within the BIS PMO.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
To support the delivery of projects and the Portfolio Manager within BIS by:
- Provide guidance to project managers on GWLG project lifecycle and standards.
- Review the quality of project documentation and status reports, and act as a critical friend to Project Managers, to ensure documents are complete and adhere to GWLG project standards.
- Tracking the status of project deliverables, milestones, risks, issues, costs.
- Helping to develop and produce the information for an effective Change board process
- collating project information and status summaries (key performance indicators)
- documenting a standard approach for the Change Board meetings
- highlighting cross-project interdependencies
- Helping to develop the Gowling WLG processes including
- documenting the change approach
- running change control
- documenting any other methods and tools to manage the portfolio of change
- Helping to run the Project Management Office (PMO)service
- performing benefits/outcomes tracking
- support the development and maintenance of Portfolio reporting, phasing plan, risks, issues and dependencies.
- supporting ‘project healthchecks’
- fostering collaborative working relationships with IT colleagues and understanding BIS systems dependencies and our operating environment
- Tracking the status of projects transitioning across to support.
- Liaising with the Technical Consultancy group on the management of resources across projects.
- Assisting with Post Project Reviews.
- Working with PM's to ensure governance standards are adhered to across projects, including tracking, monitoring, timekeeping and updating statuses of project deliverables.
- Manage the risks and issues register.
- Manage all communications from the PMO mailbox.
- Prepare the consolidated reporting pack from project reports for monthly review.
To support the Portfolio Manager and BIS by:
- Performing BIS internal management and administration tasks
- Performing any other reasonable tasks as requested, including requests from other senior BIS leaders
- Assisting Service Delivery with global incident management, business continuity and resolution
- Responding to service incidents/BAU (RUN tasks) as required by the Service Delivery Business Partners – this should always be the highest priority for all BIS staff
Key skills and experience
- Recognised project management qualification or equivalent experience gained in a PMO environment, can demonstrate involvement in IT led business change projects
- Experience of project co-ordination and administration working within a PMO for at least 12 months
- Experience in the IT sector
- Demonstrable experience of working within the PMO
- Organised, proactive and able to self-manage and multi-task
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of project management tools and techniques
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages, including Project, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Proven stakeholder management experience, demonstrating ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure
- Excellent IT Skills, with good knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ideally MS Project
- Independent, well organised with a "can do" attitude
- Strong drive to deliver and improve things and are keen to dig deeper and investigate further to get the job done
- Experience of working within business/operations areas of the legal profession or other professional services
- Knowledge and understanding of various technologies and their use in a law firm or professional services firm
- Commercial and financial awareness
- Experience of working within a matrix organisation
Gowling WLG is committed both to promoting equality and diversity in the firm and to Equal Opportunities in employment. The firm believes in equality of opportunity regardless of race or racial group (including colour, nationality, ethnicity, national origins), religion or belief, age, disability, sexual orientation, sex, gender re-assignment and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy, maternity and paternity. This also includes any incidents of perceptive or associative discrimination and harassment.
At Gowling WLG we seek to attract and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures, to create an exciting and rewarding place to work. Our aim is to fulfil everyone's potential and together to achieve personal and business goals.
Apply for Portfolio Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly