Digital Content Executive
About Gowling WLG
We have more than 1,400 legal professionals working around the world. Our offices span across 19 cities in Canada, the UK, Continental Europe, Asia and the Middle East. There's strength in our global presence – we embrace our differing cultures and work together as one team. We also understand the importance of investing in relationships that build knowledge and trust, while we provide legal advice that's tailored to our clients' world.
'Our people and distinct culture are what makes us different. We know this through client and employee feedback and this drives everything we do'' Chris Oglethorpe, HR Director.
There are great opportunities for all our people to flourish. Through training and personal development they can grow in their role. Our people are the cornerstone of our success, across legal, business support and early talent. We care about their happiness and believe in the power of teamwork. We want them to feel empowered and recognise that by supporting, respecting and embracing everyone's different contributions we achieve more.
Working flexibly, working fairly
Agile working offers people more freedom and flexibility in where, when, and how they work. As technology advances and our workforce becomes more diverse – and with clients often working to a 24/7 rhythm – having extra flexibility is key to helping us balance work and other commitments sensibly and productively.
By supporting people to choose where and when they get their work done, we help them to make a full and fair contribution to their team – while maintaining that all important work-life balance.
Main Purpose of the Job
To support the digital content manager in the delivery of the firm's content and eCRM strategy. To provide content creation and eCRM support to the digital communications team, the wider BD team and legal and support teams across the firm.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Digital Content Manager with the implementation of the firm's content strategy
- Manage the day-to-day creation of content for the firm's website, social media channels and email campaigns
- Monitor the performance of content via organic search, and make recommendations for improvements
- Deliver training in relation to, and ensure adherence with, SEO, writing and brand guidelines
- Manage email campaigns from inception through to testing, deployment, follow-up and reporting and make recommendations for improvements
- Devise and implement multivariate and A/B split testing campaigns
- Set up and deploy regular email marketing campaigns including legal alerts, event invitations and internal communications
- Set up and manage paid social media campaigns and Google AdWords activity
- Provide reports and analysis for email campaigns
- Use data, analytics and usability heuristics to improve conversion rates and goal completions
- Assist with day-to-day web content management using Kentico, the firm’s content management system
- Where necessary, provide reciprocal cover for and support to the CRM manager and the web manager
- Use Kentico's EMS (Enterprise Marketing Solution) capabilities to configure and manage marketing automation schema, such as lead scoring, lead nurturing, funnel optimisation, etc.
- Work with the Digital Content Manager to improve data capture rates and streamline the user journey for subscriptions and registered user acquisitions
- Provide reports and analysis of the firm's marketing automation activity
Key skills and experience
- A solid understanding of Content Marketing, and related marketing principles
- Experience working with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager & Google AdWords
- CMS experience using an enterprise CMS system and/or marketing automation platform
- CRM experience using an enterprise CRM system (as a superuser or admin)
- Strong technical skills with a good working knowledge of web technologies, such as HTML, CSS and databases
- Understanding of eCRM and how CRM systems are used by large organisations
- Understanding of the principles of marketing automation
- Understanding of web analytics and CRM reporting
Gowling WLG is committed both to promoting equality and diversity in the firm and to Equal Opportunities in employment. The firm believes in equality of opportunity regardless of race or racial group (including colour, nationality, ethnicity, national origins), religion or belief, age, disability, sexual orientation, sex, gender re-assignment and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy, maternity and paternity. This also includes any incidents of perceptive or associative discrimination and harassment.
At Gowling WLG we seek to attract and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures, to create an exciting and rewarding place to work. Our aim is to fulfil everyone's potential and together to achieve personal and business goals.