Team Coordinator - Document Production Centre
Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 130 partners and 830 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
Please note the hours for this position are 2.00pm to 10.00pm Monday to Friday.
The purpose of the Document Production Centre (DPC) is to provide the firm's fee earners with a seamless, professional, accurate and timely document production service, in a high quality, busy, deadline driven environment. The role of the Team Coordinator is to support the Document Production Manager in managing the DP service to the firm and to cover in the absence of the Day Supervisor and Document Production Manager, primarily in the evening.
- Producing and amending correspondence, documents, reports, deeds, attachments etc. from a variety of sources, in house style and in line with the firm's specific systems/procedures
- Transcription, through the use of digital dictation
- Document production and manipulation
- Accurately interpreting complex fee earner briefs and producing documents within the required timescales, seeking clarification when necessary
- Proof reading and quality checking all work to ensure that completed documents are delivered accurately and to an appropriately high standard. Ensuring all edits have been inserted and make logical and grammatical sense
- Effectively using systems to prioritise and complete incoming work
- Keeping service users updated on the progress of their work
- Shared responsibility with Day Supervisor for the day to day supervision of the DP Specialists
- Work with service users and the team to ensure that exceptional service levels are achieved at all times
- To develop additional services where required and to identify and implement service improvements
- Promote the use of DPC and services offered
- Work closely with Workflow Supervisor, Workflow Coordinator, Technical Specialist, DPC Supervisor and DPC Manager
- To develop and maintain sound working relationships with internal clients
- Work closely with outsourced resource ensuring quality and turnaround SLAs are met
- To be point person in DPC Manager's/Day Supervisor's absence for partner/fee earner queries and complaints
- Ensure that the Document Production Specialists provide excellent customer communication and promote an environment that strives to provide operational excellence
- Collate reports for Exec committee on a monthly basis
- To develop and maintain sound working relationships with satellite team in Exeter, occasional travel may be required, and the team in Birmingham
- Raise and deal with any performance issues, seeking advice from the Document Production Manager/HR as and when appropriate
- Undertake and lead performance/absence management meetings as and when required
- Co-ordinating and leading appraisal meetings; three/six monthly reviews; development meetings etc. Follow up by implementation of personal training and development plans, matching skill set with business requirements
- Occasionally cover absence of Workflow Supervisor, Workflow Coordinator, Day Supervisor or Technical Specialist
Essential skills/knowledge required
- Exceptional technical skills including high level of competency in the use of Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to multi-task and oversee multiple projects at any given time, as well as perform accurately under time pressures and constraints
- Able to maintain confidential information and work in a fast-paced, dynamic and pressurised environment
- Excellent client service and communication skills
- Critical attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills supported by the ability to prioritise work effectively in a fast moving environment
- A flexible, enthusiastic and proactive approach with a "can do" attitude
- The ability to deliver creative and timely solutions
- Able to work well independently with limited direction and exercise excellent initiative and good judgment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Seeks and responds positively to all forms of feedback (client/line manager), learns from experience
- Sets an example through high quality work, consistency, enthusiasm and an open and professional attitude
- Identifies concerns, risks and conflicts and asks for assistance when required in a timely and constructive manner
- Resilient with the ability to deal with a variety of issues in a professional manner
- Experience of successfully working within demanding and high-performance teams
- Proven track record of delivering against established business objectives and performance expectations
- Excellent working knowledge of document production, practices and technologies
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.