We have an exciting, new opportunity for an IT Trainer to join our Bristol office in a full-time permanent role.
Osborne Clarke is a leading International Legal Practice looking after a wide range of commercial clients such as Barclays, Facebook, Siemens and Vodafone. We are renowned for our unstuffy and supportive culture, encouraging all our people to make the most of their talent in a fast growing and exciting environment.
Our focussed strategy and open culture has been rewarded by winning Roll on Friday's 'Law Firm of the Year' award for 2018.
What you'll do
Reporting to the IT Training Manager (People Development), the main purpose of this role is to work as part of the UK IT Training team with the goal of improving our people's IT knowledge and skills, enabling them to make more efficient and effective use of the firm's IT systems.
Amongst other responsibilities, you will deliver IT induction training to all our UK new joiners and provide classroom training and one to one coaching in our Bristol office and remotely to our international offices. The aim of these sessions will be to improve our people's use of technology in a measurable fashion and in line with the company's IT proficiencies framework.
You will also assist with the creation of assessment modules, online learning materials in the form of e-learning courses, training videos, intranet pages and weekly tips and tricks articles. As well as this you will build key relationships within the legal teams in our Bristol office in order to understand their specific IT training requirements and devise training programmes to address these needs. This work will be supplemented by offering regular floor walking support to our people; answering ad hoc queries and providing 1:1 desk-side assistance as and when required.
What we're looking for
You will be a qualified and experienced IT Trainer with experience ideally working in a legal firm; however other professional services environments will be considered. You will also have experience in e-learning and learning management solutions, with a background working in an accredited service environment such as ITIL or similar.
- Excellent IT skills - advanced use of Microsoft Word with sound knowledge of the other Microsoft Office applications.
- Motivated professional who has genuine interest in the application of IT systems in the workplace.
- Familiarity with legal IT systems; including document management systems, CRM tools, time recording software and SharePoint.
- Technical authoring experience.
- A strong team player committed to assisting their colleagues wherever necessary to maximise the effectiveness of the entire IT department.
- Able to work autonomously and to schedule their own resource appropriately.
- Able to multitask, work under pressure and to work to tight deadlines.
- Creative thinker who is able to, and enjoys solving problems for users.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and applications.
- Committed to delivering an exceptional standard of service to users in a proactive fashion with the best interests of the client always at the forefront of their mind.
- Willingness to travel to our other UK offices or internationally if required.
To submit your application, please click on the link provided.
Osborne Clarke is an inclusive working environment and values diversity in its workforce.