Paralegal – Corporate
".. seasoned industry experts, with a significant depth and breadth of experience." – Chambers & Partners
We are looking for a Paralegal to join our highly regarded and growing Corporate team in London, initially on a 12 month fixed-term contract. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-respected and market leading team, known for having an entrepreneurial outlook and approach, and work on high value and strategically important projects both nationally and internationally.
We advise at every stage of a company’s development across the full spectrum of corporate issues, partnering businesses as they expand through equity and debt fundraisings, joint ventures, acquisition and IPO. We also advise on the establishment of compliant and efficient governance structures.
We have a strong sector focus in various spheres, but in digital business and marketing services it is fair to say that we are the go-to firm. We advise on virtually all the largest deals in marcoms/adtec space, with recent or current acting for clients such as Time Inc, News UK, Periscopix, Progressive Media, Epiphany, Great Fridays, We are Social, Investis, Struq, Iris, Group IMD and Fetch.
Along with digital business, our other key sector-focuses include Financial Services (with particular expertise in private equity and venture capital for market leading clients such as LDC and Caledonia), Real Estate & Infrastructure and Energy & Utilities. These focuses enable us to understand the markets our clients operate in and the issues they are facing. and approach.
The London Corporate team is led by Simon Smith (Partner) and is also made up of 13 further Partners, 3 Associate Directors, 11 Senior Associates, 8 Associates, 2 Trainee Solicitors and 3 Paralegals. Spanning all three of our UK based offices, the Corporate department is made up of 80 lawyers in total.
Your work will include:
- Supporting the lawyers across the Business Transactions Group with administration tasks
- Document filings
- Assisting in post-completion matters
- Preparing and reviewing forms and documents including companies house filings, board minutes, powers of attorney, stock transfer forms and shareholder registers
- Legal research
- Have gained a minimum 2:1 for degree. The completion of the Legal Practice Course would also be an advantage.
- Preferably have gained previous experience as a paralegal within a Corporate department, but this is not a pre-requisite.
- Anticipate and take responsibility for your own tasks, and plan these accordingly.
- Have good attention to detail and take pride in your work.
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
Salary and benefits
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
For more information or to apply
At Osborne Clarke we welcome direct applications. If you would like any further information about the role or the firm we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact, in complete confidence, Emily Webb in the Recruitment team on 0117 917 3072 or email@example.com.
Osborne Clarke is an inclusive working environment and values diversity in its workforce.