FS Reg Senior Associate
Allen & Overy
Allen & Overy is a leading international legal practice with a truly global presence. The firm operates at the forefront of the legal industry. Our deals and cases often make headline business news. With many of our partners acknowledged as leaders in their field, and with all our people demonstrating the highest levels of professionalism, we have a reputation for delivering excellence in all that we do.
We have developed a culture in which difference is positively valued, and our people are free to be themselves. We are in every sense one global team; supportive and collaborative, but also ambitious and driven. Our capacity to combine these qualities and provide a setting in which our people can thrive is what makes us different.
Our Financial Services Regulatory team is comprised of lawyers across our office network, covering all of the world's principal financial markets. We are able to offer our clients expertise in the key regions, from a full-service coverage of the key European jurisdictions, including London and Frankfurt, to our U.S. regulatory practice led from our New York and Washington D.C. offices. We also have well established offices in the Middle East and Asia Pacific region that have been involved in setting up many of the regulatory systems that exist in those regions today.
Our lawyers offer clients extensive regulatory experience and they lead thinking on regulatory developments, helping clients in lobbying on, planning for and implementing changes as they occur. Areas we advise on include bank structuring, securities and derivatives regulation, capital and liquidity requirements, marketing and selling restrictions, clearing and settlement, custody and prime brokerage and recovery and resolution planning. As an international team we are very experienced in providing international comparative advice on regulatory matters that helps our clients decide where best to conduct their business and gives them a competitive advantage. We are currently advising on the global reform agenda around derivatives, bank resolution.
Due to our success within the sector, we are looking to recruit an ambitious, bright and enthusiastic Senior Associate. An excellent academic and work record is essential. Non-English-qualified candidates will also be considered. In return we offer a compelling benefits package coupled with first-rate training and development, all within a dynamic and supportive environment.
- Drafting, reviewing and amending documentation
- Strategically advising clients in meetings, on the phone and in writing
- Liaising with clients
- Attending client meetings
- Managing client expectations and project delivery appropriately
- Business development – development of personal plan, assistance with and implementation of business development campaign
- Legal research
- Supervision of junior team members
Who we are looking for
- Qualified lawyer 5+PQE
- Strong technical knowledge with regards to general banking/finance transactions
- Outstanding academic credentials
- Intellectual curiosity and versatility
- Self-starter with the desire and ability to continuously acquire, build upon and share knowledge
- Detail-focused and self-motivated approach
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Strong commercial/business acumen with the ability to deliver creative and pragmatic solutions and advice
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface at all levels and particularly to win the respect of the partner and fee-earner community, building strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborative team player with the ability to develop and work in a fast paced, intellectually rigorous environment
- A person of sound judgment who is able to establish a high level of credibility
Open Date: 5/6/2017
Closing Date: 4/7/2017