Asset Finance Associate (Shipping)
Allen & Overy is a leading international legal practice with a truly global presence. The firm operates at the forefront of the legal industry. Our deals and cases often make headline business news. With many of our partners acknowledged as leaders in their field, and with all our people demonstrating the highest levels of professionalism, we have a reputation for delivering excellence in all that we do.
We have developed a culture in which difference is positively valued, and our people are free to be themselves. We are in every sense one global team; supportive and collaborative, but also ambitious and driven. Our capacity to combine these qualities and provide a setting in which our people can thrive is what makes us different.
The Structured and Asset Finance team has extensive experience advising on transactions in all sectors of the asset finance industry. Our client base includes banks, financiers, airlines, lessors, manufacturers, captive finance companies, operators, borrowers, lessees, export credit agencies and governmental and international organisations.
We advise on both domestic and cross-border asset financings including all types of debt, lease (both tax and non-tax-based) and capital markets driven products, securitisations, receivables financings, vendor programmes and retail finance. The team advises on the sale and purchase of leasing companies and portfolios and the structuring of regional and global leasing business networks. We also advise on aircraft repossessions and airline and ship restructurings and insolvencies.
We cover: all types of vessel and offshore installation including LNG carriers, container ships, FPSOs, drill ships/drilling rigs, tankers, VLCCs, cruise ships and luxury yachts, all types of aircraft financing including all types of pre- and post-delivery financings, ECA backed financing, sale and purchase of new and used aircraft and structured financing, as well as providing advice on general aviation matters such as regulatory and maintenance.
We also advise on all types of domestic and cross-border asset financings including rail, power plants, wind farms, transmission lines, water treatment facilities, pipelines, vehicle fleets, bridges, tunnels, office buildings, retail facilities, manufacturing plants, mining equipment, films, satellites, computer and other technology hardware and software.
Structured and Asset Finance Partners Associates and the wider team
Business Development Manager
Wider A&O community
Role and responsibilities
Drafting, reviewing and amending documentation
Strategically advising clients in meetings, on the phone and in writing
Managing client expectations and project delivery appropriately
Business development – development of personal plan, assistance with and implementation of business development campaign
Supervision of junior team members
- Qualified lawyer, with a minimum of 3 year’s post qualified experience within asset finance
- Strong technical knowledge of the legal framework surrounding structured and asset finance particularly in the field of shipping
- Outstanding academic credentials
- Intellectual curiosity and versatility
- Self-starter with the desire and ability to continuously acquire, build upon and share knowledge
- Detail-focused and self-motivated approach
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Sound experience of operating at associate level within a complex international organisation
- Strong commercial/business acumen with the ability to deliver creative and pragmatic solutions and advice
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface at all levels and particularly to win the respect of the partner and fee-earner community, building strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborative team player with the ability to develop and work in a fast paced, intellectually rigorous environment
- A person of sound judgment, able to establish a high level of credibility
Who we are looking for
We are looking for high quality applicants with strong experience within structured and asset finance to join a dynamic team where the quality of work is second to none.
Open Date: 31/05/2017
Closing Date: 28/06/2017