Senior Client Development Manager - Peerpoint
Peerpoint is a fast growing, entrepreneurial business that is looking for an ambitious Senior Client Relationship Manager with a ‘can do’ attitude to join the team and help drive an exciting next phase of growth for the business.
Peerpoint is a global platform for legal talent, launched by A&O in response to client demand for a more innovative solution to support in-house skill gaps and capacity constraints.
Since its launch nearly four years ago Peerpoint has experienced tremendous success that has seen it become one of the market leaders providing top-tier consultant lawyers to the leading financial institutions and corporates. 2018 is set to be our best year yet and with ambitions to launch in new markets, this is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast growing and successful business that is redefining the market.
Peerpoint is a truly unique business that offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial and fun environment where you can have a direct impact on the success of the business but with the support, investment and benefits of a magic circle law firm.
Role and responsibilities
The Client Development team is a fun and commercial team with a fantastic team spirit. We are looking for an intellectually curious, commercially astute and client focused individual to join us for this very exciting next phase in the business’ growth. If you are excited by the prospect of working directly with General Counsels and Heads of Legal to help deliver resourcing solutions for their teams, if you like to see the impact of your work and enjoy working in a collaborative and team focused environment then we would love to hear from you!
The Client Development team is responsible for managing the end to end client sales process, which includes: sourcing and effectively qualifying new client leads; pitching to clients for business; establishing new and long-term client relationships; taking the client brief; sourcing suitable legal consultants; negotiating commercial terms; and closing the deal. It is a fast-moving process that requires an individual with drive, tenacity, strong organisational skills and excellent client management ability.
Key responsibilities include
- Direct management of between 6-10 key strategic client accounts and all associated engagements for those accounts.
- Leading meetings with your key client contacts and developing strong relationships throughout the organisation.
- Developing new business within your accounts and with new clients to drive growth.
- Managing General Counsel and Head of Legal level relationships in a consultative and advisory and peer-to-peer capacity.
- Effectively qualifying leads and new opportunities from existing and potential clients.
- Taking comprehensive briefs from clients regarding their resourcing requirements.
- Sourcing and ‘matching’ suitable candidates from our panel of consultant lawyers to your client engagements.
- Running commercial negotiations with both clients and consultants.
- Developing strategic account plans for each of your accounts.
- Initiating and leading on strategic business development campaigns to attract new clients and grow our existing client base.
- Leading on identifying and delivering process improvements and efficiencies in our client sales process and placement delivery.
- Acting as a senior champion and brand ambassador for Peerpoint externally in the market at industry events.
Our Perfect Peerpoint team member has
- A proactive, ‘can-do’ attitude with the drive and ambition to succeed.
- Experience delivering excellent client service and building strong peer to peer relationships in a consultative sales role.
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced and constantly changing entrepreneurial business.
- Experience successfully managing a sales process and leading on complex negotiations.
- Excellent communication skills, with an engaging and sophisticated writing style.
- The passion and commitment to deliver to the highest standard for our clients and consultants.
- Entrepreneurial outlook and passion for continually improving processes and client delivery to ensure we are at the forefront of providing a market leading client experience.
- Exceptional organisational skills with a meticulous eye for detail.
In return we offer you
- A fun and dynamic environment to learn, develop and stretch yourself.
- Dedication in supporting and empowering you to grow and progress in your career.
- The chance to have direct client management for some of the most highly regarded global brands and institutions.
- A supportive team environment that recognises and rewards your commitment and success.
- The opportunity to work with an inspiring and experienced senior management team to shape and develop the future of the business.
- The chance to be part of a fun team culture – whether it’s team charity walks, champagne tastings, off sites to Amsterdam, or private art viewings over drinks we work hard but also like to have fun together as a team.
- Excellent benefits package.