Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Business Area – Finance Management
Role: E-Billing Analyst
Location: Based in Ashurst’s Glasgow office. Occasional travel to our London office may be required.
Reporting to: Senior E-Billing Analyst
Hours of work - Monday to Friday, 9:00 - 5:30, however you will be required to work such hours as are necessary to carry out your duties.
Working within the e-billing team based in Glasgow ensure timely and accurate delivery of all billing and e-billing for UK, EMEA/US and Asia offices . Analyse and resolve outstanding issues relating to unprocessed or rejected invoices. Support invoice processing via the E-billing Hub, issue resolution and vendor relationships in providing e-billing LEDES file solutions.
- A point of contact for the firm's global e-billing process, liaising with the key stakeholders from business development, financial systems, billing, credit control and the firm's partners to ensure that all e-billing processes are accurate and robust.
- Communicate internally and externally as required to progress e-billing client management.
- Maintain detailed vendor and timekeeper information in all e-billing systems. Ensure updates are regularly performed so that invoices are not rejected due to incorrect timekeeper information.
- Analysis of time and costs in relation to the client billing guidelines and feedback non compliance to fee earner teams.
- Capture and communication of Outside Counsel Guidelines that formally communicate matter management and billing requirements.
- Support the processing of bills for our e-billing clients ensuring all client requirements are being met.
- Assist with the uploading, monitoring and tracking of e-bills, ensuring that these are submitted before any deadlines.
- Working with the credit management team and partners investigate any invoice rejections to ensure timely resubmission within the e-billing systems.
- Liaise with e-billing vendors to resolve any systems issues and ensure that client specific requirements are implemented correctly.
- Assist with the maintenance of e-billing invoices tracker, KPIs and SLAs
- Update Practice Management System daily with required e-billing information when new matters are opened.
- Lead role with selected e-billing clients understanding billing guidelines and ensuring invoice upload deadlines are met
- Regular communication with rates team to ensure any new client rates have been uploaded into 3E correctly.
- Ensure that fee arrangements are correctly processed in third party e-billing systems, and reconcile to 3E
Risk and Control:
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Skills and experience:
- Previous experience of working within a finance function, working in a professional services environment would be preferable.
- An understanding of billing processes in a large international organisation.
- Knowledge of e-billing file formats (LEDES) and e-billing file delivery desirable but not essential, as full training will be given.
- Previous experience in process improvement and managing process controls.
- Good numeric, analytical and problem solving skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Team player, able to juggle multiple deadlines with excellent communication skills.
- Six Sigma or Lean Management experience desirable.
- Good Excel skills.
- Basic VAT knowledge would be an advantage.
Our Culture is shaped by our core values of Collaboration, Excellence, Innovation, Integrity and Accountability. They guide how we relate with each other, our clients, our behaviour.