Document Production Trainee
We are recruiting a trainee DP Technicians to work within our Document Production team based in Leeds. The team is responsible for offering a full document service internationally across all packages including Microsoft Office and BigHand.
This is a 12 months training contract. After successful completion of the programme, you will become a trained DP Technician. The role is suited for an individual who thrives on delivering results, working as part of a highly qualified team and is looking to build a career as part of a leading global law firm.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
After successful completion of a 12 months training programme, you will be trained:
- To produce quality documentation on time, to fee earner expectations and in accordance with house style to the highest possible standards and accuracy
- To take work from the DP BigHand folder as prioritised
- To ensure the required deadlines stated on the worksheets are met
- To keep fee earners aware in relation to specific difficulties or timescales should their job be at risk for whatever reason
- To uphold the quality control process within the department
- To ensure feedback forms are completed for all pieces of work
- To complete timesheets and performance review paperwork accurately in accordance with department protocols for prompt submission to the manager
- To show initiative and responsibility when dealing personally with fee earners
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Attention to detail
- Good IT skills, working knowledge of MS Office
- Planning and organising
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Ability to use initiative and take ownership of work
- Ability to provide a high level of service to internal clients
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.