Business Development Executive - Real Estate
Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 130 partners and 830 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
Drive the firm's real estate strategy:
- Research and identify prospective clients and intermediaries across real estate working with partners and fee earners, and sector groups
- To support the client development programme for real estate clients and prospective clients
- Deliver the firm's messages at marketing events including roundtables, seminars, hospitality and exhibitions with the marketing assistants
- Coordinate and monitor the real estate budget
- Involved in the production of literature including marketing flyers, client newsletters and bulletins
- Coordinate production of thought leadership publications, some with external advisors
- Coordinate the firm's bi-annual Thinking Real Estate publication working with external writers
- Work with the PR Manager to maintain and build profile across real estate
- Manage track record and case studies for the sector supporting the bids team on bids
- Coordinate legal directory submissions for the real estate sector across the firm
Personal attributes skills and experience
- Good oral and written communication skills with a commitment to quality / high attention to detail
- A positive and proactive attitude with drive, enthusiasm and tenacity to see projects through to completion
- Excellent team working and influencing skills
- Flexibility and commitment – to work outside of normal office hours as required and to deliver projects to deadlines
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines under pressure
- Minimum of 3 years' marketing experience in a professional services environment (essential)
- Experience in and interest in the real estate sector (essential)
- CIM qualifications or equivalent (highly desirable)
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.